Anyone in a band? What instrument?

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
Just wondering how many of us are in bands? I'm currently in The Tombs Tones, punk-a-billy. And used to be in The LawnDarts. Im a bass player.

Joeskin

Just wondering how many of us are in bands? I'm currently in The Tombs Tones, punk-a-billy. And used to be in The LawnDarts. Im a bass player.
I have your Tomb Tones CD. Got it from a guy (Steve) at the Dutch House in Fair Lawn. Great stuff!

Skin

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I play guitar, bass and sing.Total metal to the core but my last/current drummer used my love/obsession w/ the Misfits to pull me towards Rancid,Social D etc.Punks great cause i sit while the bass player busts his ass,unlike oldskool metal.Anybody wants to start a misfits tribute band?? It's the " only" dream I've yet to achieve..............

Joeskin

If i wasn't old, married and having a kid...Cut my Devillock off in 89. Opted for the shaved boots and braces look...Sang for a Kearny Punk band Throwin' Fists. Played like mad until we released a CD. Kiss of death.

Good times. Would love to do a real punk cover band.

Punk and core to the core

Skin

walter

Fourth Party
If i wasn't old, married and having a kid...Cut my Devillock off in 89. Opted for the shaved boots and braces look...Sang for a Kearny Punk band Throwin' Fists. Played like mad until we released a CD. Kiss of death.

Good times. Would love to do a real punk cover band.

Punk and core to the core

Skin

Now we're talking:getsome: :getsome: :getsome:

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
No band here, but in the mid-90's I did publish one of the biggest ska music 'zines in the US/World (Ska-tastrophe), sold through Tower, Borders and a bunch of other places...

Joeskin

No band here, but in the mid-90's I did publish one of the biggest ska music 'zines in the US/World (Ska-tastrophe), sold through Tower, Borders and a bunch of other places...
Spent many a night at NYC Ska shows. Watched many people get carried out after mixing it up with the Lower East Side crew. Skalapalooza. Enough said.

Wetlands and Tramps shows were great. Mephiskapheles & the Scofflaws...

walter

Fourth Party
Spent many a night at NYC Ska shows. Watched many people get carried out after mixing it up with the Lower East Side crew. Skalapalooza. Enough said.

You guys remember a band from the central nj ska scene called Inspektor 7?

Joeskin

You guys remember a band from the central nj ska scene called Inspektor 7?
Yes. Actually ran into the singer, Travis, at a wedding in Pittsburgh. He's in a new band Hub City Stompers. He was also in an Oi! band Steel Toe Solution. All good stuff.

Skin

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep

an old friend of mine was into Mephiskapheles.

Anyone remember the old Pipeline?

Joeskin

an old friend of mine was into Mephiskapheles.

Anyone remember the old Pipeline?
Emilio and the pipeline. too many memories. Drinkin' with Mickey Fitz from the Business and Jimmy G from Murphy's Law. Swinging Utters played in the summer of 95 during a heat wave when the power went out. It was brutal in that place. I was in a full leg cast too, which didn't help. My friends band (and TF's former drummer) The Bitters played with them that night.

Was the best place to see shows. It still bums me out when I pass it's former location. It was the best part of going to school in Newark.

Drinking on the stoop. Really good times there.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Spent my 21st birthday at the Pipeline seeing Ignite. Ensign also played that night. Can't remember who else. Might have also been one of the last Mouthpiece shows -- there were around 5 of those at the time.

walter

Fourth Party
A lot of good times at the Pipeline. Enjoyed many hardcore shows there, lots of fun. Stone Pony, Club Bene, Obsessions, Studio 1, all the Straight Edge shows at the county collages, alot of good stuff between NJ, NY and Pa.

R

RJC

i've been in TOO many bands over the years, the most notable are Clubber Lang, Spearing Jocasta and Most Precious Blood. All as the drummer, all metal or well, mosty hardcore. In a band now called ArmsRace, out of Trenton.
cool, nice to see there are other musicians here. Walter and NJ-XC seem to be on track with exactly my experience.... I'm sure we could all share some great stories.

walter

Fourth Party
i've been in TOO many bands over the years, the most notable are Clubber Lang, Spearing Jocasta and Most Precious Blood. All as the drummer, all metal or well, mosty hardcore. In a band now called ArmsRace, out of Trenton.
cool, nice to see there are other musicians here. Walter and NJ-XC seem to be on track with exactly my experience.... I'm sure we could all share some great stories.

This is creepy, as I am reading this I am listening to Indecision, somewhat related to MPB, no?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I liked Indecision though not my fav. Brother's Keeper, Ensign, Fugazi, Deadguy -- Strife and Earth Crisis (Yeah some Victory bands WERE good), and of course the big guys: The Biscuits, YOT, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Minutemen, Husker Du though those guys were all before my time. The fondness for Lifetime is pretty obvious.

I was in a band called Tears of Frustration. NYHC-type, not really my favorite kind of HC if that makes sense (Not a big Agnostic Front or SOIA fan). I quit and listened to jazz for 2 years.

Saw Strife play some kid's living room at an eviction party in the hollywood hills and the kidney-shaped pool was empty and spray-painted and everyone was skating it straight out of some 80s Cali movie -- awesome.

RJC -- just listened to you online -- awesome. Holy crap this is good. You guys are good enough to sell out and make like Hot Hot Heat. Ever listen to Sweep the Leg Johnny?

Joe Strummer documentary came out two weeks ago and I STILL haven't seen it. Ridiculous. My kid is named after him for crissakes.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I liked Indecision though not my fav. Brother's Keeper, Ensign, Fugazi, Deadguy -- Strife and Earth Crisis (Yeah some Victory bands WERE good), and of course the big guys: The Biscuits, YOT, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Minutemen, Husker Du though those guys were all before my time. The fondness for Lifetime is pretty obvious.

You named some doozies in there, I used to be in a band called Resolve and played drums (more than 10 years ago). We played with BK in Carlise on time, my friends were pretty good friends with them. How did Earth Crisis not get lumped in with "the big guys". Carl is a god (or so I heard multiple people yell at their shows).

Joeskin

RJC - In Search Of is still looking for a drummer. Singer is a friend of mine. They were formerly Flat Earth Society.

Top Bottom