Anyone having trouble uploading files?

Molasses

I am trying to upload files/pictures and I seem to be having some problems.

Anyone else having issues?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I am fairly sure it was turned off after the jihad

You can use photobucket, flickr, etc fairly painlessly. Do a quick search here and you should get a lot of info on posting pics

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
You can use photobucket, flickr, etc fairly painlessly. Do a quick search here and you should get a lot of info on posting pics

Reminder to the mods that we need to get back to the point where we're uploading ourselves without 3rd party sites. Easier, more fun and makes for a more rewarding forum.

BiknBen

Reminder to the mods that we need to get back to the point where we're uploading ourselves without 3rd party sites.

OTOH, Since they locked it down, I figured out what I needed to do to get a full image to display within the thread. If you upload them to MTBNJ, you only get a thumbnail at the bottom of the thread.

As a reader, I prefer to have the image within the body of text. Easier to follow along and you don't have to open another window to view the images. Keeps Norm happy too.

PhotoBucket was the easiest for me. Easy to upload and quick to incorporate into a thread.
photbucket.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ben, you've been paying attention! Nice deal on the PhotoBucket stuff. The flickr links make you work a little more for the golden ticket of the URL you need. Embedding rules!

olegbabich

I was thinking it was me, I'm glad that its all of us. Please post when we can upload our own files.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Right click your pic, then hit properties. You will see something like this come up:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2359/2178637780_9760d87fc5.jpg?v=0

Now copy that, and on your post click the "insert image" icon (Mountain with a sun) Paste in the properties of the flickr pic, and take off the part I made red (?v=0) You can just add image tags as well, which is all that button does for you. The tags are
after it.

Your pic will now look like this:

2178637780_9760d87fc5.jpg

Shaggz

A strong 7
dennis:

from the MTBNJ toolbar:

User CP >> Edit Options >> Misc. Options >> From drop down choose enhanced interface >> save changes

your user interface will change the next time you post, and you will see a toolbar with the yellow mountain, among other things...

Shaggz

A strong 7
not yet...waiting to hear back from jason & gerard on whether or not we can move ahead with re-enabling the gallery.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You can't embed with the gallery. It only shows you thumbnails.

Top Bottom