Anyone have experience with theblackbibs.com bibs?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And not to completely derail things, and this has been discussed a million times, but...bibs vs non-bibs. I should just order the bibs, no?

I ride with Pearl Izumi liners. I don't get what the point of bibs is, other than making it more difficult to poop.

xc62701

Bibs are where it’s at and my black bibs have been great. Somehow they slipped out of the rotation and I don’t know where they are at the moment. I’d buy another pair. Their base layer shirts are great too.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You’ve never tried bib liners? They pretty good, sombrio ones are solid.

I do have one pair. I think I tried them on once, but I've never ridden in them. I don't see what they offer over the regular liners that I wear.

jackx

How many times have you had to shit wearing bibs? Are you only eating Taco Bell or something jfc
Isn't that what always happens before a cross race? I vague remember @The Heckler's recounts of pre-race shit sessions and hand-ups.

Are cross races the right time to not wear bibs?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Isn't that what always happens before a cross race? I vague remember @The Heckler's recounts of pre-race shit sessions and hand-ups.

Cross races are the right time. Mostly because it's cold out and it's nice to have that extra material on your lower back...

And also the wrong time, as I mentioned above, it's a PITA to be changing in/out of bibs when it's cold. And you want to not put the straps on until you're done using the facilities because bibs suck for that, so you're stripping the top half of your body to get the straps on before the race.

Jesus, this hobby is too complicated. I should try golf. Polo shirt, weird looking pants & gloves.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK

CX races are the land of the skin suit.

#UCITip - ride around in jeans and a skinsuit for 6 hours before the race, but keep the sleeves tied around your waist so when your 3-5 explosive poops hit you aren't trying to wriggle your noodle arms out of spandex sleeves.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
CX races are the land of the skin suit.

#UCITip - ride around in jeans and a skinsuit for 6 hours before the race, but keep the sleeves tied around your waist so when your 3-5 explosive poops hit you aren't trying to wriggle your noodle arms out of spandex sleeves.
I had a teammate who always had to make pre race emergency portapotti stops because of his nerves. Between waiting in line and him wearing a skinsuit it was always a photo finish.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is nothing worse than getting out of a tight skinsuit in a portapotty for a PRD. Them pins popping open, stabbing you, feeling like Chris Farley.

696F2D2B-3BE5-4F2E-AEA7-AE77E6894426.gif

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I do have one pair. I think I tried them on once, but I've never ridden in them. I don't see what they offer over the regular liners that I wear.
I used to get mine hooked on the seat and they would ride down lower. Usually only happened in races but that’s why I switched to bibs...and Freddy Mercury.
328DDBB3-03BF-47C4-8920-E80217854CED.jpeg

Top Bottom