Anyone have experience with theblackbibs.com bibs?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
mine (4 pair i believe) are going on 2 years old (well 2 years in July) and still going strong, still in weekly rotation

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why are you mixing reviews!

I need a review for someone who wears something better than champion system and
Pearl Izumi. @jShort?

what are you considering better? since this is going to be a somewhat personal opinion . . .

i was pretty in on bontrager for a while.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i did my cycling laundry this weekend and the chamois does not feel as nice as it did when we first started this project. i'd like to wear them again this weekend if i end up doing a longer ride.

im thinking, for the money, its a great way to add some more to your collection. they feel the same as my twin six bibs i got maybe 2-3 years ago, and these are less than a year old i think?

i also splurged on some rapha core bibs about 6 months ago.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
well these were like $115, so not terribly out of my price range at the moment.

i liked the way they fit closer to my knees, theblackbibs ones kind of flare out JUST a little bit. i didn't think i was that skinny. the length of the rapha/blackbibs is the same, so the tan lines are the same. the chamois seems to retain its "form/shape" more, but I haven't worn them as much yet. much more compression on the rapha jawns.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
well these were like $115, so not terribly out of my price range at the moment.

i liked the way they fit closer to my knees, theblackbibs ones kind of flare out JUST a little bit. i didn't think i was that skinny. the length of the rapha/blackbibs is the same, so the tan lines are the same. the chamois seems to retain its "form/shape" more, but I haven't worn them as much yet. much more compression on the rapha jawns.

Good compression or bad compression? I actually have an email into Rapha asking if I can order the out-of-stock stuff w/ the current discount going on. JShort sold me on those cargo bibs...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Btw,
3A555FCB-6211-4524-BF2C-E3B29F5608FB.jpeg

86.25 for core bibs right now

jpn

I never understood what the deal was with bibs till I picked up a couple pairs three years ago. They're just better. I think I've worn shorts once or twice since then, probably only when I forgot to bring my bibs.

Order the bibs.

ebarker9

I never understood what the deal was with bibs till I picked up a couple pairs three years ago. They're just better. I think I've worn shorts once or twice since then, probably only when I forgot to bring my bibs.

Order the bibs.

Ok, thank you. Done.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I find that good shorts don't dig in at the waist like bad shorts. Bibs bypass this problem entirely.

Downside to bibs is they're more complicated to put on/off. And when I say this I'm referring to quickly changing in the car in a parking lot, or when it's freezing cold. Also can be harder to take a quick leak. If find for short afternoon rides I'll just throw on shorts. Longer rides & races I go with bibs.

Still better than shorts for the most part.

serviceguy

I picked the bibs because I always find myself pulling the liner up during the ride. I was expecting the bibs to stay up but they still slide down some, better than the liner anyway. Due to my age and body shape I don't consider wearing the bibs as an outer layer, but they make a cool liner, especially the knickers (used in a not british way, as I am told that knickers is the brits' name for female underware).

Top Bottom