Anyone have experience with theblackbibs.com bibs?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
You say that, but I'm not considering the shorts because they display Rapha.

Happy to pay money for my taint to feel good, thanks.
Pearl playing with you, pretty sure the ones he has, the logo is black. In any case, you can get covert stuff.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I went to the dark side and bought the budget Rapha kit. I like it, except for the sleeves. They lack a gripper and it’s going to be hard to maintain my crisp tan lines.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
as someone who had a core jersey and finally went with the pro team training ones, its worth it for the gripper sleeves alone

#skinnyarmproblems

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
as someone who had a core jersey and finally went with the pro team training ones, its worth it for the gripper sleeves alone

#skinnyarmproblems
I think I actually like the looser fit, the race fit isn’t very flattering for my current “generous” proportions.

I was feeling kind of self conscious of now being in the CAT 6 crowd, until I saw this guy casually rocking the world champ kit. I guess he’s trying to start his own beef by calling out allaphilippe.
86D5D525-DEEB-426F-95E2-774F76115FC1.png

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Throwing out my opinions on the recent Pactimo purchases during the last two sales as I'm really happy with them.

Apex MTB Shorts: Love these. The fabric is thin and stretchy and much nicer than the thicker Fox and other shorts I have. The internal waist adjuster uses a button as opposed to velcro. Two side pockets never lose my phone on a ride, and the zip pocket holds my keys without bouncing around. They are slim but have room for knee pads.

They're so nice I ended up wearing them all this week on vacation off and on the bike. Well, two pairs as I bought a 2nd during the more recent sale in a different color.

Apex short liners - These are pretty good but I find the waist to be a bit too high and tight. The waistband is too snug without any need as I don't see how these would move downward. I like the chamois but feel it could be a little narrower. The fabric is a mesh and extremely light which is great for the hot weather.

Apex bib liners - Really like these. The chamois could still be narrower as above but everything feels good except the straps could be slightly longer. I'm sure they'll stretch. I haven't used the rear pockets yet.

Tellus bib liners - Even though they are a higher level than the Apex and I did like them, I prefer the Apex. The bib straps are of a more durable material but it's more noticeable than the mesh on the Apex liners and they don't have a stretch. Also the rear felt hotter and I definitely noticed the fabric on my back. Which is strange as it doesn't seem much different than the Apex except how/where the pockets are. The chamois is thinner than the Apex and while I liked them more, the overall bib wasn't as good.

Tellus has wider leg grippers without the thin silicone band. Often I dislike the silicone band on shorts but not on the two pairs of Apex liners I have.

Not as cheap as some of the TheBlackBibs but not that expensive on sale. I was checking out the Kitsbow liners at their store this week and there's no way they would be as cool in the hot weather.

iman29

Throwing out my opinions on the recent Pactimo purchases during the last two sales as I'm really happy with them.

Apex MTB Shorts: Love these. The fabric is thin and stretchy and much nicer than the thicker Fox and other shorts I have. The internal waist adjuster uses a button as opposed to velcro. Two side pockets never lose my phone on a ride, and the zip pocket holds my keys without bouncing around. They are slim but have room for knee pads.

They're so nice I ended up wearing them all this week on vacation off and on the bike. Well, two pairs as I bought a 2nd during the more recent sale in a different color.

Apex short liners - These are pretty good but I find the waist to be a bit too high and tight. The waistband is too snug without any need as I don't see how these would move downward. I like the chamois but feel it could be a little narrower. The fabric is a mesh and extremely light which is great for the hot weather.

Apex bib liners - Really like these. The chamois could still be narrower as above but everything feels good except the straps could be slightly longer. I'm sure they'll stretch. I haven't used the rear pockets yet.

Tellus bib liners - Even though they are a higher level than the Apex and I did like them, I prefer the Apex. The bib straps are of a more durable material but it's more noticeable than the mesh on the Apex liners and they don't have a stretch. Also the rear felt hotter and I definitely noticed the fabric on my back. Which is strange as it doesn't seem much different than the Apex except how/where the pockets are. The chamois is thinner than the Apex and while I liked them more, the overall bib wasn't as good.

Tellus has wider leg grippers without the thin silicone band. Often I dislike the silicone band on shorts but not on the two pairs of Apex liners I have.

Not as cheap as some of the TheBlackBibs but not that expensive on sale. I was checking out the Kitsbow liners at their store this week and there's no way they would be as cool in the hot weather.

That’s good feedback glad you like them. Next purchase send me a message I am a Pactimo brand ambassador and can send you a code for 30% off regular price items.

Also FYI if you created a Pactimo account and submit a product review they add points to your account to use for future purchases.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Black bibs bibs suck.
Black bibs jerseys are ok.

That’s all I got

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Was asking about NeoPro out of Australia. 🦘🦘
i keep getting ads for that on IG but its $73 shipped for them, versus $115 shipped for the rapha core bibs... while it is a $42 difference, I think it's worth it.

i wore my black bibs yesterday for a quick jam, wasn't uncomfortable with them. im still happy with the value of them, but certainly only grab them after my other good ones are in the wash already...

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i keep getting ads for that on IG but its $73 shipped for them, versus $115 shipped for the rapha core bibs... while it is a $42 difference, I think it's worth it.

i wore my black bibs yesterday for a quick jam, wasn't uncomfortable with them. im still happy with the value of them, but certainly only grab them after my other good ones are in the wash already...
IG ads keep trying to get me. They seem nice, I like the look. I would probably buy 3-4 at the same time

iman29

Disclaimer - I dont make any $$ or kickbacks being a Brand Ambassador for Pactimo.

Prior to becoming one, I have owned and still do own multiple pairs of their Ascent level bibs and have used them for 100+ mile rides even if they have other ones they sell for more $$ with better chamois and longer duration of use. I have a few pairs that are older that I can still wear on a 1-2 hour ride and they are still comfortable. I don't spend $200+ on a pair of bibs (Summit level) but the value for money for the Ascent level is worth it especially for taking care of the most sensitive part of where the body contacts the bike "down there" ;-)

If anyone wants to get a 30% discount code DM me I can only share directly with you, not on a public forum. I would also suggest to sign up for email list updates, when they have clearance or outlet sales, the bibs are usually more than 30% off (no you can't stack the discount code with outlet items). If you are really lucky you can snag a pair of "mystery bibs" for less than $100 for a pair that is usually worth $200+ but you get whatever they send you out of the bin regarding colors/designs. Would also be a good way to try them out for cheaper than regular price. I got lucky twice and got some really nice ones for $75 each.

Any other questions on their stuff DM me anytime. I have never talked to one person who said Pactimo bibs suck.

www.pactimo.com

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I’ll post up that the black bibs are still at the back of my rotation, use them for my lunch rides.

Curious how the neopro will last!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Okay, looking at the hot sellers, they all about the bibs.
Any reco’s out there for chamois liner shorts?

Top Bottom