Anyone have experience with theblackbibs.com bibs?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
well this threads not as dead as i thought it would be at this point,

3 years of weekly use in the rotation and i think my blackbibs are just about done, still ok for shorter rides <90 min but longer rides they start to bother me.
Lucky for you, Rapha just released their MTB gear.

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
well this threads not as dead as i thought it would be at this point,

3 years of weekly use in the rotation and i think my blackbibs are just about done, still ok for shorter rides <90 min but longer rides they start to bother me.
Mine are fine for a hour on the trainer. Anything longer and it's a problem. I've since purchased some Pearl Izumi I use only for outside rides.

iman29

if anyone wants to try Pactimo bibs the Ascent line is a good value for money. They are spec'd for rides up to 4 hours but I have used them for much longer rides and no issues.

They have a summer sale going on right now with some very good discounts:

Full disclosure I am a Brand Ambassador for them, but when there is not a sale/closeout going on I can privately share a 30% discount code with you each month off your total purchase. I get NO compensation for any referrals the code is not even associated with my name but I really can't say enough about the brand and their customer service is the BEST.

PM me for details.

kearneyb

i was looking on black bib today and thankfully a quick search on mtbnj, turned up this thread. $76 for the tellus liner, unfortunately no mediums. went with the $54 apex liner.

xc62701

I have no issues with my black bibs. I have two sets and they are good for all day in the saddle.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
mid pack is being generous.
My current favorites are the Rapha Core bibs at $115 and I love them, have done tons of hours and they are always comfy. The Black Bibs Plus is $65, or almost 50% cheaper, they are totally worth it based on that alone, even if I only get 2-3 years out of them

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
My current favorites are the Rapha Core bibs at $115 and I love them, have done tons of hours and they are always comfy. The Black Bibs Plus is $65, or almost 50% cheaper, they are totally worth it based on that alone, even if I only get 2-3 years out of them
Man, if you tried the pro team’s you would be in luv

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone have specific experience with the Pactimo MTB bib liners? They have the Tellus & Apex line and a sale running now.

I'd probably blow the $150 on the Rapha liners that just came out, but these are half the price with the sale, and seem relatively high quality.

iman29

Anyone have specific experience with the Pactimo MTB bib liners? They have the Tellus & Apex line and a sale running now.

I'd probably blow the $150 on the Rapha liners that just came out, but these are half the price with the sale, and seem relatively high quality.
not sure if this helps, but based on what others have posted as feedback the Tellus ones are the higher end of the two and get great reviews. If it helps ease your mind about ordering when you havent tried them, they have an excellent return policy as long as you just try them on and leave the tags on and no washing it of course. At least you can try them on and sit on the bike and see how they feel initially with no $$ risk. Free shipping on the return too they send you a label and RMA.

as mentioned I am a Brand Ambassador so if you need any help let me know. Right now the sale prices are better than my ambassador discount otherwise I can share a monthly code of 30% any time privately.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
not sure if this helps, but based on what others have posted as feedback the Tellus ones are the higher end of the two and get great reviews. If it helps ease your mind about ordering when you havent tried them, they have an excellent return policy as long as you just try them on and leave the tags on and no washing it of course. At least you can try them on and sit on the bike and see how they feel initially with no $$ risk. Free shipping on the return too they send you a label and RMA.

as mentioned I am a Brand Ambassador so if you need any help let me know. Right now the sale prices are better than my ambassador discount otherwise I can share a monthly code of 30% any time privately.
Thanks. Also looking to upgrade my shorts. They have two models that seem nice and have no velcro. The Terrain & Apex

The fact that I can try them on and return is pretty nice.

All my shorts are cheapass ones. I always feel @jShort is judging me...

Top Bottom