Anyone have a Projector screen taking up space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iman29

Hey all

Before I search FB Marketplace wanted to see if anyone has an indoor projector screen with a stand they have not used in a while that’s taking up space. Ideally it’s the kind that I can fold up.

As part of an Xmas gift to the wife I am surprising her with a presentation of old slides from her family trips back in the ‘70s-80s that my late Father in Law had stored on multiple rotary trays. I found a like new in box projector for sale way cheap I am buying tmw and being able to show them on a screen instead of the wall would be pretty neat. I don’t think anyone on her side of the family has seen these slides for many many years.

DM to let me know thanks all.

Pagliacci

I might; I'll take a look in my storage unit. My mother was an amateur (sometimes professional) photographer. I have many thousands of slides from the seventies, and we definitely had a screen or two. We might've thrown the screens out, but I'll look. My mother's greatest joy was setting up slide shows and boring the crap out of anyone dumb enough to come over.

I'll look tomorrow and let you know.

What an awesome idea; I think your wife will be floored. I have such great memories of our family slide shows (even though I acted like I hated them when I was a kid).

We had all of her pics digitized years ago, and my brother and I each have copies of everything on hard drives, but nothing beats seeing them on the screen, with the click of the carousel and the sound of the fan to cool the projector bulb.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We have one that’s mounted to the wall. It was here when we bought the house. You’re more than welcome to come help me remove it. It’s got no use to us. Obviously you’d need to figure out how to get it to stand up.

iman29

I might; I'll take a look in my storage unit. My mother was an amateur (sometimes professional) photographer. I have many thousands of slides from the seventies, and we definitely had a screen or two. We might've thrown the screens out, but I'll look. My mother's greatest joy was setting up slide shows and boring the crap out of anyone dumb enough to come over.

I'll look tomorrow and let you know.

What an awesome idea; I think your wife will be floored. I have such great memories of our family slide shows (even though I acted like I hated them when I was a kid).

We had all of her pics digitized years ago, and my brother and I each have copies of everything on hard drives, but nothing beats seeing them on the screen, with the click of the carousel and the sound of the fan to cool the projector bulb.
Thanks so much I appreciate your help and feedback. I asked my 3 boys what they thought (22, 19 and 15) and they were like OMG shes gonna cry but shes gonna love it.

And I too remember the sound of the projector and the click anticipating each slide even tho we also were so bored back then. Old school presentation will be part of the fun.

iman29

We have one that’s mounted to the wall. It was here when we bought the house. You’re more than welcome to come help me remove it. It’s got no use to us. Obviously you’d need to figure out how to get it to stand up.
Thanks Norm this could be a Plan B if I dont find something more portable before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom