Anyone got one

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Who has a dell that STB. I need a power cord/supply for a dell laptop...

I would check the output. My wife and her mom both had Dell laptops - her mom had an Inspiron and Ashley had a Latitiude. The power supplies were not interchangeable - they fit, but the Inspiron power supply didn't have enough power for the Latitude.

Matty, the power requirements depend on the model of laptop. They are different even among different models of inspiron and latitude. Even if the connector is the same shape (they are for the most part, but in a few instances they are not), sometimes the bios gives you a warning that the power adaptor is not compatible, or won't let you boot up at all. I have used power cords that don't match exactly to the laptop, but I don't know if I would recommend it.

Having said that, I think most Dell cords should give you juice to the laptop even if they don't match exactly. It's possible it could fry your battery though.

I have a spare Dell power supply that you can have. It's from a pretty large power hungry unit, so I'm pretty sure it will power whatever you've got. The output is 19.5 volts DC @ 3.34 Amps. What are the specs of the power supply that STB?

I have a spare Dell power supply that you can have. It's from a pretty large power hungry unit, so I'm pretty sure it will power whatever you've got. The output is 19.5 volts DC @ 3.34 Amps. What are the specs of the power supply that STB?

Yes it's the same as you described. It's for the latitude. I guess I now owe you 2 six packs of IPA...

Yes it's the same as you described. It's for the latitude. I guess I now owe you 2 six packs of IPA...

Sure that will work. Put it on my tab. ;) Just have Pedals pick something out since I love to try new brews.

Now we just have to figure out a drop off point...

Back
Top Bottom