Anyone from the Lambertville, New Hope area?

cheney

I recently moved to Lambertville from Northern NJ. Just wondering if there is anyone that rides in from town and good places to ride in the area beside Ralph Stover/High Rocks.:getsome:(the guy with the guns is too cool. way cooler than me)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
high rocks, rocks! Too bad stupid 32 has been closed:mad2: making it annoying to get there from the south.

You can check out Washington Crossing / Baldpate Mtn, which is right off of 29, about 10 min south of Lambertville.

cheney

Yeah, i took a walk up through there. I only peeked my head into the bike trails. how are they?

dirty bert

Banned
across the river

Yeah, i took a walk up through there. I only peeked my head into the bike trails. how are they?

just a short trip across the river, is Core Creek. It's in either Langhorne or Newtown. The kind of place where you go in and out the same way. It's probably 20-30 minutes away from yer area (depending on traffic).

In Jersey, there's Mercer County park about 30 minutes away, 6 Mile Run is about 45 minutes and Chimney Rock is about 50 minutes.

i'd show you around, but i'm out of commission till August.

Good Luck!

~Db

wingers

I live in Lambertville also. Baldpat has some great climbs.
I ride at core creek in Newton area once a week. Kinda like Mercer county park but w/out the sand. I think may be better than Mercer in some ways
Going to ride at core creek today 6:15 PM
later - W

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i used to go rock climbing at Ralph Stover before i found out about biking, so i never looked at it with a biking perspective, how is it? haven't been there in about 2 years but i thinking about a trip for some top roping and hammering...

J-Dro

i used to go rock climbing at Ralph Stover before i found out about biking, so i never looked at it with a biking perspective, how is it? haven't been there in about 2 years but i thinking about a trip for some top roping and hammering...

Ralph Stover is super fun for biking. Rocky, rooty, technical. My only complaint is that its kind of small so you wind up repeating some of the same trails.

BiknBen

where's the sand in Mercer?

Yeah!!! If Mercer CP had more sand it would drain better. Maybe we could bring in some sand from Allaire.

New to Lambertville? Get a road bike. Go visit Pure Energy Cycling in town.

Arounkone Sananikone (don't ask me how to pronounce it)
Pure Energy Cycling and Java House
99 South Main St., Lambertville, NJ 08530
609-397-7008
Preserving Cycling Culture
www.pureenergycycling.com

cheney

Yeah, i am in the middle of converting my hardtail into a rigid road urban clown bike. say that ten times fast.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
dont forget the sourlands - and there is a totally underdeveloped out and back called deer park in flemington.

cheney

great. Thanks all. I did hit up the sourlands about a month ago. it was crowded.

I will check out washington's crossings today. Now that the move is complete, it is time to get my lungs back.

wingers

where's the sand in Mercer?

Just don't go to Chimney Rock with this guy, he's lethal!!!!

Db
Good to hear from you. Thanks for the first impression! I'm not the one who tried to defy gravity eh. Glad to hear you are healing. Trails are the same but the ride is different, see you soon.

Pure Energy is the place to be for good Java and dream of owning a Stork Mtb!
Have a good ride!

B

Btown29r

He pronounces it Uh-Roon-Konn. Great dude who is as passionate about biking as you will ever find! Go into his shop, yell "Asians" at the top of your lungs, and high five him. He'll know exactly who told you to do it! LOL! -mJ

Yeah!!! If Mercer CP had more sand it would drain better. Maybe we could bring in some sand from Allaire.

New to Lambertville? Get a road bike. Go visit Pure Energy Cycling in town.

Arounkone Sananikone (don't ask me how to pronounce it)
Pure Energy Cycling and Java House
99 South Main St., Lambertville, NJ 08530
609-397-7008
Preserving Cycling Culture
www.pureenergycycling.com

boris_159

Hey I live in Washington Crossing, NJ I've been riding for a while but didn't start to get serious until a few months ago. I'm riding a '08 Giant Trance 2 and I primarily ride on Baldpate mountain and a little bit on the loop @ Washington Crossing Park.

I'd like to find some people from the area to ride with because I only go by myself at the moment.

Top Bottom