Anyone Been Here Lately?

betta285

After just getting back for the spring semester, I decided to take a ride over to the Preserve for a little after class spin. It was horrible. The entire place is a big frozen rut. In areas not rutted and massacred the ground seems to be elevated so that whenever you ride over the ground your front tire sinks down and stops. I managed my way through nearly 3 miles of crunching, bouncing, and spinning and decided that I had had enough. Guess I'll have to wait until spring or a nice thaw before that place is ridable again.

Jim

THATmanMANNY

:hmmm: when did you exactly go? I know a few RU guys who have been out there a few times these past couple weeks and they sound like they are enjoying the ride. This morn they even went out there.

X

xcrunner1991

I was there a few weeks back and had the same experience that you did and in the end it was so bad that I took the road back. Im not even sure that it's going to be a fun place to ride in the spring. I heard about some guys talking about doing some TM here. If anyone knows when and if it's going to happen let me know.

smufguy

Sorry to bring a dead thread back, but I would like to share my views on it. As much as it is creepy with nothing but just shady older men in pairs...... I quite like this trail. Its close to my house and gets me a chance to get dirty outside. Being very close to my residence, its the only escape for me after work. Me and my gf go here quite often, a tleast two to three times a week.

It is overgrown and left-to-be at times, but during school terms, I have seen the trail being used quite often. In all honesty, in the past year I have been riding this trail, I have seen only four riders: Two young guys with a cannondale and a Specialized and the other was an older couple. In the last three to four months I have ridden this trail, I have not come across another biking soul. In a way I like it like that since not too many know about it and it keeps the whole 'secluded' or 'exclusive' trail mentality intact.

I have read few threads about maintenance on this trail and I am willing to share my resources to help.

bikerdude15

Sorry to bring a dead thread back, but I would like to share my views on it. As much as it is creepy with nothing but just shady older men in pairs...... I quite like this trail. Its close to my house and gets me a chance to get dirty outside. Being very close to my residence, its the only escape for me after work. Me and my gf go here quite often, a tleast two to three times a week.

It is overgrown and left-to-be at times, but during school terms, I have seen the trail being used quite often. In all honesty, in the past year I have been riding this trail, I have seen only four riders: Two young guys with a cannondale and a Specialized and the other was an older couple. In the last three to four months I have ridden this trail, I have not come across another biking soul. In a way I like it like that since not too many know about it and it keeps the whole 'secluded' or 'exclusive' trail mentality intact.

I have read few threads about maintenance on this trail and I am willing to share my resources to help.

those 2 young dudes on d cannondale n specialized r me and my friend...i love that place ...i would really love to fix dis place up and its riding distance from my house to so i go there as often as i can

Last edited:

smufguy

those 2 young dudes on d cannondale n specialized r me and my friend...i love that place ...i would really love to fix dis place up and its riding distance from my house to so i go there as often as i can

Well then, nice to meet you............ for a brief moment. :eek: You guys were sure working your bikes.

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
You guys plan to ride there today?
If so let me know
w00t2.gif

BAMBINOMONTANA

I was there yesturday. First time here, moved to edison from ny.tried the rutgers preserve trials threw the avenue e entrance and that place was a mess.i think i was in the wrong area. I saw a post with gps data and will try again. soon. Need to get back in shape, but it feels good to be back!

smufguy

Hello Bambino, nice to meet a fellow EP rider. I stayed away since the rain has screwed up the trails big time probably. Hope you like it in Edison, and visit the 9-mile Run and Chimney Rock in Somerset County. You would love it.

bikerdude15

Hello Bambino, nice to meet a fellow EP rider. I stayed away since the rain has screwed up the trails big time probably. Hope you like it in Edison, and visit the 9-mile Run and Chimney Rock in Somerset County. You would love it.

when do u ride ep? me and some of my friends ride there almost everyday

BAMBINOMONTANA

riding now!

Thx for da info, i found da trails, riding rigth now.puddles in some areas but still enough to get a workout. Damb i,m out of shape...lol

BAMBINOMONTANA

I just started riding, so I want to get back in shape before tagging along with other riders. I will be riding in the mornings because I work the night shift. The trails are a lot of fun, I'm 6'5" so I have to keep an eye out for the low hanging branches, there was one singletrack just before getting off on river road that was a sweet ride, lots of ups and down, can really pick up speed. Had to take it easy, don't have back breaks. Once I get to know the area better I'm sure I will pick up some speed. Coming form NY, these trails are truly a step up.

bikerdude15

I just started riding, so I want to get back in shape before tagging along with other riders. I will be riding in the mornings because I work the night shift. The trails are a lot of fun, I'm 6'5" so I have to keep an eye out for the low hanging branches, there was one singletrack just before getting off on river road that was a sweet ride, lots of ups and down, can really pick up speed. Had to take it easy, don't have back breaks. Once I get to know the area better I'm sure I will pick up some speed. Coming form NY, these trails are truly a step up.

were you there today on a white bike? if so that was me on the black f5

BAMBINOMONTANA

Nah, I have a dark green Canondale. I was there till about 1pm. do you drive or ride to the trail. I have a grey impala w/bike rack on it and was parked at the Johnson county park parking lot, I saw another car w/bike rack there as well, I think it was a honda? How did you feel the trails were today? Might go tomorrow as well...

bikerdude15

i ride there....the trails were a bit muddy but i wasnt go to fast because i took a noob with me

i normaly enter the trails at about 1:30

smufguy

when do u ride ep? me and some of my friends ride there almost everyday

I normally hit the EP around 7pm during weekdays (after work) or around 4pm on saturdays and sundays. As of now, my bike is decommissioned till I get the Headset installed and with work being a little hectic, I have not gotten around to getting it fixed.

Top Bottom