Anybody riding today?

Carole

Hi everyone,

I'm back from a 10-week trip, thinking about going to 6-mile today.
I'm not particularly fast, and don't intend to hold anybody back, but I dislike being alone in the woods... I feel safer and happier when I know that other riders are around. It's a woman thing. :eek:

Carole

H

hypatia

hi carole,
i'm a new female rider, and new to the site-- just saw your post, so today won't work. but i'd be willing to go another time to six-mile run.

RyanW

Had the opportunity to ride with Carole today, good times! Luckily she took it easy on me!

I haven't ridden at 6 mile in a while, what a blast that place is!

Carole

Ever so gallant...

Ryan led the whole way, strategically pausing to let me catch him--and my breath. Great ride indeed. What can I say... 6-mile is making life in New Brunswick bearable.

vlkslvr

Ryan led the whole way, strategically pausing to let me catch him--and my breath. Great ride indeed. What can I say... 6-mile is making life in New Brunswick bearable.

I hear that.

Probably going tomorrow at ~`6pm ish if you want to go again.

wonderturtle

carole - I think I rode with you guys. I was the guy that tagged along. I had the yellow Haro. if it was you - thanks for helping me find my way back to Route 27 ;)

first time at 6MR. never made it to the Canal side.

my first impressions:

- very well maintained trails. very fun. several turns are banked. some little jumps thrown in. very "twisty/ turny". kudos to those who maintain them!
- mostly hard packed single track. (Hartshorne and Huber are my home trails so no sand was a welcome change!)
- varied terrain (vegetation wise) - some open fields, some natural forest, some areas that were likely cedar tree farms (resulted in VERY dense forest with blind corners...which was a bit hairy..I had one near miss head-on around a blind corner)
- some neat "stunts" (e.g, narrow bridges)
- absolutely no challenging hills (that's a definite negative)

overall, a very fun ride. the virtual lack of hills at 6MR was a big negative for me. for that reason I still prefer Hartshorne. but 6MR is a great change of pace. and a definitely a very fun ride.

again kudos to those who maintain those trails. great job!

I am trying to convince a few of my riding buddies to make the trip up from the Shore to go this Sunday morning. going from Route 27 to Canal Road and back would certainly seem to be a great (and fun) workout!

R

roadrocket

Hi,
I ride 6MR on a regular basis (I live right next door), usually afterwork +/- 5.30pm on weekdays and weekends at around 8am. I have been riding alone due to my erratic work schedule... but always looking for company to make it more fun. My bike is a Black/orange cannondale rush lefty.
Looking forward to see you around.

Mr_T

I hope to be out today around 5:30, I just got me new ride and I am looking forward to hitting the trails again after 20years. I could use a guided tour if possible..

Rgds,

Marc

The Kalmyk

I hope to be out today around 5:30, I just got me new ride and I am looking forward to hitting the trails again after 20years. I could use a guided tour if possible..

Rgds,

Marc

I'll meet you if you want a FULL loop tour...5.30?

THATmanMANNY

Are you serious...See ya in the lot at 5.15;)

Would I lie to you? Okay see you there... I'm not gonna drive there. I'm gonna ride there from my house. So if 5:15 rolls around and you don't see me just start and go through the twisties and I'll come in from that way.

If it starts to rain again, I will be on my couch watching Harold and Kumar Guantanamo Bay.

Time to refuel.....:hmmm:

Last edited:

The Kalmyk

Would I lie to you? Okay see you there... I'm not gonna drive there. I'm gonna ride there from my house. So if 5:15 rolls around and you don't see me just start and go through the twisties and I'll come in from that way.

If it starts to rain again, I will be on my couch watching Harold and Kumar Guantanamo Bay.

Time to refuel.....:hmmm:

WORD!!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions