Anybody Know A Shop The Demo's Road Bikes?

Madness

I am doing a charity ride this Saturday and need a road bike to ride. There is no reason to ride my full squish for 30 miles on the road. If there are any shops that anybody knows about that would either rent or demo me a road bike out there. I am open for suggestions.

THATmanMANNY

If you can't find one. I have a pair of slicks you can use for the ride. As long as you lockout everything you'll be good. Just not road bike fast but good.

THATmanMANNY

Mad,

It's not pretty, but you're welcome to borrow my road bike. It's a little rough around the edges:p, but I'm sure it's faster than a MTB (even with slicks).:D

THAT IS A NICE BIKE!!!! I would rather want one of those then any crazy carbon one.

What charity ride are you doing? Only 30 miles????

Something along the lines that his mom helps run this non-profit to help people in the local area who are having troubles in the housing market.

Madness

Thanks for the offers Manny & Tim, I will let you guys know by the end of the week.

J,
The ride is a fundraiser the I put together for the credit union that my mother founded and is the president of. She has been working with low to moderate income families in the community for years. Now with the overwhelming amount of families even in the higher income brackets facing foreclosures, they need extra help. So the ride is one of many fundraisers they are doing this year.
Since it was the first time for the ride I only made it 30 miles, cause I was really short on time and wanted to make sure the township would approve the route. Next one I will have a lot more planning time and will put together a couple different routes including a 50 mile.

Wobbegong

Thats great that you put this together. Best of luck with it. I'll take some info on it if you do it again next year.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Mad,

Let me know if you want the bike, I can bring it in to work with me tomorrow. Otherwise you'll have to make the trip out to Flemington to pick it up. :D

Tim

Madness

Thanks Tim but we are on hold till tomorrow at 12pm to make a decision if we are going to pospone the ride till next saturday due to the weather. If we are still going through with it I will let you know tomorrow and I can just meet up with you in Flemington. It's not that far from me.

Top Bottom