Anybody here ride to work?

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
ive been doing it a few times a week(weather permitting) its 10 miles or so round trip and a fun ride to do a few times a week. anyone else ride to work?

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
try to as much as possible

Since moving to Mahwah from Westwood my commute went from 5 miles each way to approx 11 miles each way. It used to take me just about the same amount of time to ride in as it would getting kitted up. I wouldn't even be warmed up when I would get to our parking lot. My company has a locker room and showers so that's pretty sweet.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
i wish we had showers and shit here. i work for the ups store, so basically our little bathroom sink is the closest ill see to a shower after a sweaty ride. haha.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I commute nearly everyday, most weather conditions, except for in the spring when the extra work/hours at the shop don't leave enough time between dropping off the kids and being at work...

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not at all - feel free to continue a new one and let it evolve into winter shoes or beer or sXe or sEx or whatever strokes your fancy.

Nimrod

Not at all - feel free to continue a new one and let it evolve into winter shoes or beer or sXe or sEx or whatever strokes your fancy.

There’s days I want to ride to work, but the handwriting on the wall with my wife, she’s not happy about it for what ever reason, want to crush my plan….:getsome:.

Wife is an old school Grateful Dead type hippy chick (non drug influenced) into the environment, minimizing our global footprint, peace, love, etc.:cool:

Okay she’s going to shutdown my riding….:mad2:

I’ll throw out my “Statement”

“Tomorrow I’m going to be a good Liberal you know? Going to ride my bicycle to work” Usually works (9 out 10 times)

Shaggz

A strong 7
there is no practical way for me to ride to work. i prefer to work out in the AMs, and my life would be easier if we had a shower at the office, so i could get my mtb rides over with on the way in. one of the girls said i could stop by her place in the AM, and she offered to scrub my back if i made breakfast. as tempting as it sounds, i don't think i could get that one past the mrs....

Nimrod

there is no practical way for me to ride to work. i prefer to work out in the AMs, and my life would be easier if we had a shower at the office, so i could get my mtb rides over with on the way in. one of the girls said i could stop by her place in the AM, and she offered to scrub my back if i made breakfast. as tempting as it sounds, i don't think i could get that one past the mrs....

What about if you drove part of the way, so you could get into a decent biking area?

Shaggz

A strong 7
i was considering that, but my office is at the intersection of 23/46/80 and it would be a death trap. plus, i still have the whole "no shower issue"

Glancing Aft

I was going to ride to work this spring to save some cash, but my roommate is injured and I drive him to the train station in the morning now. :(

crash_in_nj

No shower? Don't forget the power of the funk to keep unwanted visitors from pestering you... Of course, if you like having people talk to you once in a while, you might try baby wipes. I used to bring a few of them with me when I was taking long flights, and they worked pretty well.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog

hey now THAT sounds like a plan.

J

julienjaborska

I ride to work as much as I can, it's a 14 mile or more commute depending on how I go. It really is the best way to start the day.

I haven't been this week because of a lingering cold. I think I will resume that on Saturday, I would tomorrow but heavy rain doesn't sound like much fun and is likely to bring the cold back. Light rain I can handle..

I try to go get groceries and beer by bike as much as possible too. In fact, I am currently building up a Surly Big Dummy cargo bike to handle even larger loads. That will be a fun day when that thing is done.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I narrowly avoid enough accidents on my car commute. A bike commute just wouldn't be fun/safe for me. It bums me out too, because I'm getting really effin sick of driving amongst the idiot circus in NJ.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
almost every day. minimum of 16.5 miles each way. i usually take a longer way home. mornings take anywhere from 50 minutes to 1:25. afternoons can be anywhere from 1 hour to ???

there is a shower at work, but i'm a manual laborer, so it doesn't matter, and besides, i've found that i don't really smell after a ride in. my riding clothes on the other hand....

BiknBen

I have a 23 mi (each way) commute that I ride as often as I can. 2-3 days a week from April through October. I rarely do it during the winter. My commute is not great for night riding. Narrow roads and high speeds.

I work in a cube farm. My office has a shower. I keep a couple days of clothes at the office. I'll bring in clean clothes and food as needed when I drive in.

Family life forces me to get very creative. I often drive to work with my bike, leave my car at the office and ride home. The next day, I ride in and drive my car home. This week, I drove in Monday and have been riding back and forth while my car has stayed at the office. I'm driving home tonight because the weather looks like crap for tomorrow.

Liv2Ride

I ride anywhere between 10-15 miles one way depending on which route I take. Just started riding to work due to gas prices going up and my trucks HEMI eating up alot of gas, besides its a good way for me to fit in any kind of exercise because the days I work I put in a 12 hour shift and by the time I get home I'm beat. Keep on ridin!!!:)

Top Bottom