Any way to get from Berkshire Valley Rd to Greenpond?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
"Wildcat ridge" lies w/in, next and around spiltrock resivour. The trail network on that side of greenpond road stretched from rte. 80 to rte. 23 and through rockaway, butler, kinnelon, boonton twp and into montville (as well as denville). At one time or another I've been on damn near every trail in the system. Could I get in and out yes. Lead a ride? Not likely. Anywhoo, if you're going to explore it, I would use the resivour as your center point and venture out from there. There is a double track logging road that you can more or less ride all the way around the resivour...but that's not where the good stuff is. It's truly a huge network that, based on seans data, appears you could ride mostly trails from MD to boonton ave. Maybe further, but I haven't been on those trails (south of boonton ave)since my grandfather sold his" mountain" in montville so no idea if it pokes through down to 202.

Shaggz

A strong 7
"Wildcat ridge" lies w/in, next and around spiltrock resivour.
and "Wildcat Ridge" lies somewhere between clinton road and la rue road in the west milford area. the takeaway is that there appears to be at least 2 wildcat ridges in northern new jersey.

Panhead

and "Wildcat Ridge" lies somewhere between clinton road and la rue road in the west milford area. the takeaway is that there appears to be at least 2 wildcat ridges in northern new jersey.

The Old Coal trail out of Waway goes up to this Wildcat Ridge. I don't know how far in you can go off of Clinton, there's a camp for underpriv. kids in there now. Before that it was a Boy Scout camp. In the 80's a plane crashed up there.

Shaggz

A strong 7
The Old Coal trail out of Waway goes up to this Wildcat Ridge. I don't know how far in you can go off of Clinton, there's a camp for underpriv. kids in there now. Before that it was a Boy Scout camp. In the 80's a plane crashed up there.
i love my wife and kids, but being able to explore stuff like this is one of the things that i miss the most about my single life.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
you could ride from waywayanda, to splitrock, to mahlon, to allamuchy, to kittatiny almost entirely on trails, and make a loop out of it....

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well, now you have a truly epic last journey prior to departing to the land of the midnight sun.

Panhead

you could ride from waywayanda, to splitrock, to mahlon, to allamuchy, to kittatiny almost entirely on trails, and make a loop out of it....

And I thought going from Wawayanda to Rt. 23 was good. Something new to think about now.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Wildcat Ridge Wildlife Management Area is indeed in Rockaway Township, That camp on Clinton Road goes by the name "Wildcat Ridge" " "project Use" but I don't think that the area is officially mapped as such.

http://www.projectuse.com/wildcat.php

I ride the WMA area often and could give a tour. Realize that many of the trails in there are real torn up and so not the prestine single track you may be use to or looking for.

this shouldn't shock many of you, but i am confused. i thought that widcat ridge was close to denville/boonton area. however on my way back from wayway, i was driving down clinton road towards 23, and i thought i saw a sign that said "wildcat ridge" on the right (north?) side of clinton.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/wldctdir.htm or http://www.mtbnj.com/directory.php?f=show&id=52

Gregg

Getting lost in Greenpond

I spent most of my life in Rockaway and have ridden most of the trails years ago. One of my old riding buddies and I left on a January ride in Hibernia and 4 frozen, lost hours later wound up out on RT 23. There is a ton of good riding(well 10+ years ago there was) and I'd love to get back out there to explore.

You can link trails from Rt 23 all the way back to Ford Rd in Denville. There are a lot of trails that branch off Charlottesburg rd starting on the North end by the resevior.

I hope this ride comes together and I'll try my best to make it.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK. I'm good from Cozy Lakes rd up to RT 23 and back down to Denville, Boonton Township. At some point I've been on most of these trails. The best ones now work from Green Pond Rd. The north toute around Split to Charlotteburg is pretty must an old jeep trail; great for quads and such but gets boring (and hot as hell in the summer) on the bike. you can logs lots of miles; 20 - 40 is not hard to do. I am booked thru Memorial day for any kind of epic. But would love to get one together after.

Top Bottom