Any video gamers out there?

Glenlivet12

Any MtbNJers on PSN? My friends and I have been playing a lot of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on PS3. I'm thinking about picking up Killzone 2. Anyone have experience w/ either game?

PSN name: sumboty

ellbiddy

ellbiddy, creative am I right?! I used to play COD4 but my ps3 hasn't been turned on in months. I'm more of an outdoorsy type now :(

Glenlivet12

Yeah, I haven't played in a couple of weeks either. Once the weather starts warming up a bit my ps3 usage is going to go down even more.

don

Over these past few cold months I've played Shawn White, Skate and Skate 2. All on the 360.

I'm not really a gamer but if I am trapped inside I'll play the skate and snowboard games and when a quad/dirtbike/off road truck game comes out I'll play them too.

Once it gets warmer it'll get cut down a bunch - it already has.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yep

yep, i am. i own a wii (which my kids use...mostly) and a ps3. which i use mostly.

i spent TONS of hours over the winter two years ago with the wii zelda game (whatever the title was) but that was about the extent of my wii-ing. tiger woods golf is very much worth owning though.

just got the ps3 for christmas and in all honesty, i haven't spent too much time with it. an hour here and there. COD4 is amazing and online is even better. i have skate 2 which i love b/c i'm a full blown skate-rat at heart...just could never get the board to stay on my feet. my nephew gave me fallout 3 which i tried to play last night but i have to do some research to see if it's even worth my time. right now i'm stuck in some damn training room on a test with apparently no way out and no rhyme or reason.

but i also have a new road bike and a niner on the way. and daylight savings is this weekend. and it's going to be 60-something degrees. video game usage is going to drop. A LOT. in my next house i'm hooking up the ps3 in front of the trainer. :D

ellbiddy

If any of you gaming-clowns :)p) want a brand new xbox 360 (newer gen so not as likely for RRoD) let me know trying to get rid of the stupid thing, I haven't touched it in way too long to warrant me keeping it. I have like 15-20 games and 2 controllers to go with it too

lmckee

Any MtbNJers on PSN? My friends and I have been playing a lot of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on PS3. I'm thinking about picking up Killzone 2. Anyone have experience w/ either game?

PSN name: sumboty

I played through Killzone 2. I think the game is excellent as long as you don't mind some slower, slightly more realistic character movements. The online is good but definitely not as strong as COD4, it's still worth picking up though.

psn - lmckee

Glenlivet12

I played through Killzone 2. I think the game is excellent as long as you don't mind some slower, slightly more realistic character movements. The online is good but definitely not as strong as COD4, it's still worth picking up though.

psn - lmckee
Awesome. I've been thinking about starting COD4 too. I'm really looking for something with a strong online aspect to it.

bozizle

I spend lots of time in the winter on my xbox 360 which I will say is way better than PS3 and has so many better titles and games it's not even close.

The online platform for 360 is amazing and PS never caught on to using this feature which is another reaseon I can't stand PS.

Fallout 3 I have been palying this winter and is one of the best ineteresting games I have had in a very long time but very involved and takes forever to finish. The nice part is they just added an expansion pack that you can DL to keep the game going which is a greatq feature. I am also a Call of Duty World at War guy but have recently given up because the producer of this game sucks and they had way to many issues over time and their "fixes" were shamefull.

lmckee

I spend lots of time in the winter on my xbox 360 which I will say is way better than PS3 and has so many better titles and games it's not even close.

The online platform for 360 is amazing and PS never caught on to using this feature which is another reaseon I can't stand PS.

Uh oh, looks like we have an xbox fanboy here. Looks to me like someone is bitter because he has a loud, burning hot, glitchy box of crap and pays money to play online with a bunch of whiny 8 year olds on xbl.

bozizle

Uh oh, looks like we have an xbox fanboy here. Looks to me like someone is bitter because he has a loud, burning hot, glitchy box of crap and pays money to play online with a bunch of whiny 8 year olds on xbl.

Good generalization except I have a new gen xbox so no red ring issues. As far as paying to play it's $35 a year if you want live I get free trials of any game you can host private parties while playing so you don't have to listen to kids and hook up with your friends....it's a much better gaming platform than PS3.

lmckee

Good generalization except I have a new gen xbox so no red ring issues. As far as paying to play it's $35 a year if you want live I get free trials of any game you can host private parties while playing so you don't have to listen to kids and hook up with your friends....it's a much better gaming platform than PS3.

You've never even been online on a ps3 have you? I can do all the same stuff and it doesn't cost me $35 a year to do it. I hate to break it to you man but the 360 is old news, its been proven that the ps3 is a better more powerful system. There are only two decent titles that xbox has that ps3 doesn't, Gears of War and Forza, and as far as I'm concerned killzone 2 is better than gears of war and when Gran turismo 5 comes out I'm sure it will be just as good as Forza if not better. I have multiple friends that have both systems and every single one of them play the ps3 over the xbox, a few have actually sold their xbox's. I'm glad your stoked on your "new gen" x-box, it ony took Microsoft 5 years to get their shit together and fix their crap product...

bozizle

You've never even been online on a ps3 have you? I can do all the same stuff and it doesn't cost me $35 a year to do it. I hate to break it to you man but the 360 is old news, its been proven that the ps3 is a better more powerful system. There are only two decent titles that xbox has that ps3 doesn't, Gears of War and Forza, and as far as I'm concerned killzone 2 is better than gears of war and when Gran turismo 5 comes out I'm sure it will be just as good as Forza if not better. I have multiple friends that have both systems and every single one of them play the ps3 over the xbox, a few have actually sold their xbox's. I'm glad your stoked on your "new gen" x-box, it ony took Microsoft 5 years to get their shit together and fix their crap product...

Yes I have been on PS3 and it sucks IMO in comparison for live function. Now this is getting old and I really don't want to argue about video games but if you think Gears and Forza are the best games on the platform your way off base....then again I guess this is a personal preffrence thing so whatever. Maybe it's an older crowd thing but everyone I know dropped the PS3 to get a 360 because of games we play. I'm not "stoked" on my new gen it's just a fact that all the old crap was failing and Microsoft had to fix it and it took way to long but that's when I got mine.

lmckee

Yes I have been on PS3 and it sucks IMO in comparison for live function. Now this is getting old and I really don't want to argue about video games but if you think Gears and Forza are the best games on the platform your way off base....then again I guess this is a personal preffrence thing so whatever. Maybe it's an older crowd thing but everyone I know dropped the PS3 to get a 360 because of games we play. I'm not "stoked" on my new gen it's just a fact that all the old crap was failing and Microsoft had to fix it and it took way to long but that's when I got mine.

I am curious, what games are you talking about? I can't honestly think of any worthwhile games that xbox has that ps3 doesn't. The older crowd thing is really funny to me, most of the people that I know that still have their xbox's do nothing but complain about all of the annoying little kids on xbl, ps3 is definitely the more "adult" system and I'm willing to bet that it has a more adult user group. Honestly I wouldn't of even argued this but you came on here with your first post spewing a bunch of crap about how ps sucks when the reality is that you have the inferior system, whether you care to admit it or not.

Last edited:

lmckee

Awesome. I've been thinking about starting COD4 too. I'm really looking for something with a strong online aspect to it.

Well thats the game for it, COD4 is hands down the best online fps to date. Don't waste your time with COD World at War though, treyarch failed miserably even with the help of infinity ward. I saw that COD MW2 will be coming out this upcoming fall, I'm really looking forward to that.

bozizle

Well thats the game for it, COD4 is hands down the best online fps to date. Don't waste your time with COD World at War though, treyarch failed miserably even with the help of infinity ward. I saw that COD MW2 will be coming out this upcoming fall, I'm really looking forward to that.

I agree it's amazing how many people are sick of COD W@W and have actually gone back to playing COD4 online....the new one in NOV should be great since this game didn't pan out. Also I didn't play for a week and they took all the tanks off of hardcore team death match!!??

lmckee

I agree it's amazing how many people are sick of COD W@W and have actually gone back to playing COD4 online....the new one in NOV should be great since this game didn't pan out. Also I didn't play for a week and they took all the tanks off of hardcore team death match!!??

Yeah, its weird. At first I really liked WAW but as time went on it just started to annoy me. The only reason I put WAW in anymore is just to play a few rounds of nazi zombies which I still enjoy. From what I've heard Infinity Ward now has exclusive rights to the Call Of Duty franchise (instead of switching off with Treyarch), which means they should all be good from here on out. I'm really looking forward to MW2, hopefully it lives up to expectation.

ps. Thats really weird about the tanks, I wonder why the hell they did that.

mango

Hardcore PC gamer here. Every year I rebuild a new gaming rig, been doing custom systems for over 14 years.

PM me if you're on Steam and want to exachange usernames!

Top Bottom