Any update on conditions?

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I rode clayton on january 25th. I was told the trails were totally rideable the day before. I did one sketchy lap and hit the road after that. The snow was 8-10" deep with lots of icy ruts to throw you off line. That was before this last 16" we got last week. Now with the rain, I'm not sure what they will be like.

giff06

Please post up what you find. We were by that way last weekend and there was still a fair amount of snow.

dvizz

Clayton Trails

Had some time off and took a ride to Clayton this afternoon. There is quite a lot of glazed ice still on the trails. Where the ice is gone, the trails are really wet and soft. Don't expect to have good conditions until some extended warm weather continues. :(

fiftyfixe

Had some time off and took a ride to Clayton this afternoon. There is quite a lot of glazed ice still on the trails. Where the ice is gone, the trails are really wet and soft. Don't expect to have good conditions until some extended warm weather continues. :(

Thanks for the update

thebbforever

From a buddy of mine:

"Oh, went to clayton yesterday. Big mistake. Park is a wreck. 100% mud the entire way + lots of snow and ice left. The entire whoop section was snow with iced over foot prints. Had to walk 90%of that section

Sucked"

The weather is just brutal...if its not snowing/raining...its too cold to dry anything up...ugh!!!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
anyone been here this week? Thinking with some of the lows this week, may be good in the morning.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I took the family hiking/Geocaching there yesterday since it's down the road :). It was a beautiful day!
Most of the trails were good... there were a few muddy spots. There were even a few guys out there riding. The muddy spots didn't seem bad enough to leave deep ruts (the kind that stay forever) I would imagine it will be most enjoyable to ride on one of the cooler mornings.

hagerfoot

I took the family hiking/Geocaching there yesterday since it's down the road :). It was a beautiful day!
Most of the trails were good... there were a few muddy spots. There were even a few guys out there riding. The muddy spots didn't seem bad enough to leave deep ruts (the kind that stay forever) I would imagine it will be most enjoyable to ride on one of the cooler mornings.

I was there on Sunday. The trails are mostly dry with a few muddy spots as Michael has said. This area (http://local.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=40.160157,-74.50549&spn=0.002739,0.00625&t=h&z=18) was covered with snow, but was rideable. It felt great to get out again.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
anyone been to clayton this weekend? Looking to get out riding tomorrow and debating which park to hit first.... wondering if the trails are rideable there or not.

JB1

anyone been to clayton this weekend? Looking to get out riding tomorrow and debating which park to hit first.... wondering if the trails are rideable there or not.

A friend of mine hiked Clayton yesterday (Saturday) and said it was dry except for one 20' stretch, otherwise all good.

dvizz

I ventured up there yesterday and did a loop wearing sneakers, grabbed my road bike Sidi's by mistake. The conditions are fairly dry with the exception of the trail that runs next to the pond.

Ez-E

I rode monday with my buddy, the trails were in pretty good condition considering all the rain we had that Thursday into Friday. A few wet spots near the pond but other than that it is def ridable.

at100plus

I'm going tomorrow morning, "hack map" in hand LOL!

I'll let you guys know how it was. Anyone wants to ride along we'll be there at 0800 hrs.

at100plus

Inside joke. Its an unofficial map Well both of my friends bailed out last minute so I'm not going after all. Maybe next week.

Last edited:

walter

Fourth Party
Inside joke. Its an unofficial map Well both of my friends bailed out last minute so I'm not going after all. Maybe next week.

Go by yourself and enjoy, its a giant figure 8, its impossible to get lost there. Or go to Allaire and lend a hand with the trail maintenance crew.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions