Any tips? Headed to White Clay Creek & Iron Hill on Tuesday

onetracker

Any tips? Headed to White Clay Creek & Iron Hill on Tuesday. Worth the trip? Any local knowledge? Thanks!

JDurk

Not sure Iron Hill is 100%. Locals are still riding it, but there's some road construction that has damaged some trails. Not a very big park, but with a lot of trails that cross each other, easy to repeat the same trail and feel like you're going in circles. Should be more than enough just doing MR/WC. If looking to do another location, Brandywine and Fair Hill are close too. Check in with Henry's Bikes for trail conditions before making the trip.

Last edited:

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
For white clay I recommend parking at the possum hollow lot (which is actually Middle Run). My favorite trail is snow goose done from logzilla. Everything in the middle run section is great.

goldsbar

Great choice for flow done right. More hilly than you'd think for Delaware. Agree about parking (free vs fee) and doing a lot of riding in Middle Run. If you ride for a couple of hours, you'll cover much of both as it's not 5 mph NNJ tech riding.

onetracker

To summarize my observations, Trails were sweet, fall is a bit later down that way. Logzilla and Creek Side Trails were cool. The Possum Rd parking lot was a major tip, trailhead was right in the middle of the trail system and close to the car. Lums Pond Camping was modern and clean. Great area to ride if you are driving through; I would not make a separate pilgrimage if I did not have a ton of time to explore new areas. Thanks again for the tips!!!!!

Top Bottom