Any suggestions for ipas for a gift?

moose35

Any recommendations?
My step dad likes ipas what should I look for?
Any good beer stores in the westwood area?
Thanks

Any recommendations?
My step dad likes ipas what should I look for?
Any good beer stores in the westwood area?
Thanks

I don't know the area, but I usually ask if there's anything fresh in the back. A lot of places don't put the good stuff on display because people will buy it all immediately. But if you're only looking for a 4 or two, they'll get it for you.

And what IPAs does he typically enjoy?
Is it west coast (Lagunitas, Stone) or is he on the NEIPA Hazy Train?

Quick look at BeerMenus lists Haworth Wine & Spirits-
They have a nice selection of the NEIPAs, but sell by the can, so it’ll be a little pricey. From their list, I like Foreign Objects and Fat Orange Cat.

Woodcliff Lake Wine & Liquor also has a nice selection of NEIPAs, and does 4 or 6 packs, so pricing will be better.
Good selection of Industrial Arts there.

Craft 303 over the border in Tappan, NY also has a nice selection (small, but good) but mostly by the can, so a little more. Here Grimm is the go-to.

But as Germy said, check freshness.
Most NEIPAs will have canning dates on them, pass if more than a month old. Especially if they are on the shelf.

There is a Bottle King in Paramus and they used to stock Industrial Arts and Singlecut couple of months back. Not sure about now.
But I do know that the Bottle King in Wayne still does so I cant imagine why Paramus would not.

And what IPAs does he typically enjoy?
Is it west coast (Lagunitas, Stone) or is he on the NEIPA Hazy Train?

Quick look at BeerMenus lists Haworth Wine & Spirits-
They have a nice selection of the NEIPAs, but sell by the can, so it’ll be a little pricey. From their list, I like Foreign Objects and Fat Orange Cat.

Woodcliff Lake Wine & Liquor also has a nice selection of NEIPAs, and does 4 or 6 packs, so pricing will be better.
Good selection of Industrial Arts there.

Craft 303 over the border in Tappan, NY also has a nice selection (small, but good) but mostly by the can, so a little more. Here Grimm is the go-to.

But as Germy said, check freshness.
Most NEIPAs will have canning dates on them, pass if more than a month old. Especially if they are on the shelf.
Thanks @jmanic
Ended up going to craft 303
Here is what I randomly selected
How did I do?
20191224_134753.jpg

There is a Bottle King in Paramus and they used to stock Industrial Arts
You can drive another ~20 minutes to the source of the Arts.

Is BK good? Probably less than 5min away but never been.

Bottle King in Livingston has a great local IPA section. The Hillsborough BK is pretty good also.

Back
Top Bottom