Any Skiiers/Snowboarders Out There?

Glancing Aft

Hey, i see your going to Whistler, have u- or anyone else- ever been before? Im heading out there im march. Do you know the type/level of terrain out there, im a bit worried about some friends that are joining me, their skill level is not too great. I mean i know there are always green trails, but to get the best out of the mt how good should one really be?

Chris (Sharons Brother)

I have never been there but from what I have heard they have a lot of everything, so you'll have no problem finding anything from nice cruisers to chutes and bowls that will make you wet yourself. Seeing you ski yesterday I think you'll do fine up there!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I just landed in Steamboat where it is DUMPING!!!

This should be a killer week. My buds are bringing out the sleds for some backcountry fun in the AM. Can't wait!

J

J-Dro

I just landed in Steamboat where it is DUMPING!!!

This should be a killer week. My buds are bringing out the sleds for some backcountry fun in the AM. Can't wait!

J

You mean sleds with 150 horsepower, right?

adventurechick

Hey all,
I've been skiing for 14 years and ski patrol at Camelback. I make it up to VT/NH a few times during the season, but mostly in the spring, after the pocono ski season ends. If it ever snows locally and any of you want to go to camelback, let me know. I really wish it would stop raining. :( Otherwise, I'll probably try to hook up with you in the spring up north or for a day trip on a Friday to Bellayre or Hunter (I have every other Friday off). I'll also be in Utah (Powder mtn., snowbasin, canyons, alta, snowbird) in mid/late March. Think snow... :)

D

DANSPANK

Hey, I was just at Camelback a couple of weeks ago - I loved it simply because of its layout - since Camelback's a ridge there are lifts all along it and none of them were crowded. The most i waited was about 45 seconds. Nice place!

adventurechick

Camelback

It does get more crowded after the holidays, but you can usually find a few lifts that have a minimal wait time. Not to mention we have the most challenging terrain in the poconos (which may not be saying much but still good for a local mtn.). Hope it gets colder soon! Feel free to get in touch with me if you are up there again. :cool:

Glancing Aft

From Accueweather's blog
"the coastal mountain range of BC could end up with 90-180 cm (3-6 feet) of new snow by early next week after all these storms."
I leave for Whistler in 3 days :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Time for the Epic!!!

Completely unrelated. We setup a little jib park over new year's eve at my friend's cabin in PA. Here's my HDPE jib to beer drink to 180 off... LOL happy new year!!! May the snowgods continue to be good to us!

drinkjib.jpg

Glancing Aft

Two weeks ago I spent 6 days out in Whistler. It was my first time there and while I hated the disneyworld feel of the village, and found the steeps spread out and sparser than other mountains (cough, Jackson Hole), we were treated to some unreal amounts of snow. While there we got about 4' of fresh stuff and had fresh stuff 4 of the 5 mornings! All in all a sick trip, if anyone is curious I've posted some pictures and a video. I'm glad to see winter has returned in these parts!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Two weeks ago I spent 6 days out in Whistler. It was my first time there and while I hated the disneyworld feel of the village, and found the steeps spread out and sparser than other mountains (cough, Jackson Hole), we were treated to some unreal amounts of snow. While there we got about 4' of fresh stuff and had fresh stuff 4 of the 5 mornings! All in all a sick trip, if anyone is curious I've posted some pictures and a video. I'm glad to see winter has returned in these parts!

Nice!!!

Do you think you had enough beers?:D

jdog

Shop Keep
Nice vid.

Graybird for sure.

The helmet cam stuff came out pretty well.

The snowboarders in the crew could set their bindings back on days like that. It really changes it up. I have a fish which is a whole different sport in the pow snow.

I liked the accidental switch cliff roll at the end.

Whistler is always fun and you guys hit it right.

I have been there when it has been raining at the Pan Pacific and dumping at the top of the 1st Blackcomb gondi.

I much prefer Blackcomb to Whistler.. how bout you guys??

j-

J_

Glancing Aft

Nice vid.

Graybird for sure.

The helmet cam stuff came out pretty well.

The snowboarders in the crew could set their bindings back on days like that. It really changes it up. I have a fish which is a whole different sport in the pow snow.

I liked the accidental switch cliff roll at the end.

Whistler is always fun and you guys hit it right.

I have been there when it has been raining at the Pan Pacific and dumping at the top of the 1st Blackcomb gondi.

I much prefer Blackcomb to Whistler.. how bout you guys??

j-

J_

Thanks for the complements on the video, it looks a lot better too in full format other than streaming crap, oh well. And yes, the fakie cliff drop was great. One of those things you just wanted to laugh as soon as you saw, but at the same time was like, oh shit, is she okay.

I'd say I preferred Blackcomb as well. It had a more of a local feel, and the bowls off of Spanky's Ladder rocked. Also really liked couloir extreme off of 7th heaven. Although we did first tracks two mornings over at whistler and found some great snow in harmony/symphony area.
All in all a good time, and makes New Jersey the last place on earth I want to be right now...

jdog

Shop Keep
The lowest point i have felt in recent history was stepping out of Newark airport after a week in Steamboat.

The people were mean

The air was heavy with funk

It was warmer but it felt colder since the humidity was higher

The drivers were terrible

The bags took forever to unload since the ghetto-funk workers were too busy texting about god knows what

I wanted more than anything to get back on that plane right away.

This was a terrible, empty feeling that has taken me a month to kick.

S

Shar0se

The lowest point i have felt in recent history was stepping out of Newark airport after a week in Steamboat.

The people were mean

The air was heavy with funk

It was warmer but it felt colder since the humidity was higher

The drivers were terrible

The bags took forever to unload since the ghetto-funk workers were too busy texting about god knows what

I wanted more than anything to get back on that plane right away.

This was a terrible, empty feeling that has taken me a month to kick.
WELCOME HOME!

Top Bottom