Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

Realtor wife closing on a house next week and wanted to get closing gift for client. We know nothing of scotch nor whiskey or even if they're one in the same. Any recommendations? She usually spends around $100 but, and get this, the guy likes to shoot guns so was thinking of a shooting range gift certificate with a bottle of hootch. Dream client or what?
I would get a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel, it’s a solid every day bourbon that should please the occasional or seasoned bourbon drinker alike, and it’s reasonably priced. If you want to spend the full $100, go Hillrock Solera aged. It’s a good gift bourbon since the bottle is nice, and so is what’s inside. And a box of 9mm if you can find them.

I just got back myself, scored a bottle of Knob Creek Small Batch 12yr. Tomorrow we see if it lives up to the hype.
I’m sitting on a bottle myself, I bought it grudgingly after enjoying a nice run of 9y 120* store picks that were actually 15y.

Sadly since they have added 15y 100* to their line up, those picks are likely a thing of the past.

I’m sitting on a bottle myself, I bought it grudgingly after enjoying a nice run of 9y 120* store picks that were actually 15y.

Sadly since they have added 15y 100* to their line up, those picks are likely a thing of the past.

Can confirm, the 12 is a winner. For a year-round release, its a pretty good sip.

Anyone one interested in the book on Irish whiskey? Brand new. Received it but not really a whiskey person. Prefer pick up or exchange versus mailing. Live in Flanders and work in Madison.

Attachments

• 20210317_213657.jpg
    20210317_213657.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2
And that’s a wrap....
Finished my last letter the other night.
39349AA9-3275-4444-8718-331CB81E35D0.jpeg
If you’re not familiar, the toppers for Blanton’s have 8 different designs, with the horse in a different position like a Möbius strip. Each has a letter, combined they spell out Blantons.
24CC0C5B-7BF8-451E-8C29-A68CDB61AE0F.jpeg

4A169446-B606-45DA-90D1-9423211A3AAC.jpeg

So this is Pokeman for bourbon nerds.
It’s funny, you hear people talk about how hard it is- first finding it, then finding the right letters.
Well my first 3 bottles were B-L-A
I’m like this is easy.....

Anyway, rumor has it that if you send a full set of stoppers to Buffalo Trace, they will mount them to a barrel stave for display at no charge.
Looking into this even though I don’t know where it’s gonna go.
Certainly not the mantle as long as Mrs Manic has a say. Lol.

And that’s a wrap....
Finished my last letter the other night.
View attachment 154070
If you’re not familiar, the toppers for Blanton’s have 8 different designs, with the horse in a different position like a Möbius strip. Each has a letter, combined they spell out Blantons.
View attachment 154071

View attachment 154072

So this is Pokeman for bourbon nerds.
It’s funny, you hear people talk about how hard it is- first finding it, then finding the right letters.
Well my first 3 bottles were B-L-A
I’m like this is easy.....

Anyway, rumor has it that if you send a full set of stoppers to Buffalo Trace, they will mount them to a barrel stave for display at no charge.
Looking into this even though I don’t know where it’s gonna go.
Certainly not the mantle as long as Mrs Manic has a say. Lol.
keep us posted. i have a full set also.

been looking for this or some time, and it has hit shoprite shelfs in north NJ. It's good stuff. Yep, a little pricey, but nice to support the Metallica crew. pour a
few drams, put on some James and the boys, and love life.blackened.jpeg

Last edited:
@Mitch @JimN @littlev21
Update from BT:

Thank you for contacting us and congratulations on collecting all of your Blanton’s stoppers! How can you get your stopper stave? See below:

Inspect your stoppers (you must have all 8 individual stoppers. Remember, there are two different N’s; the first looks like this>> N <<, the second looks like this >> N: <<;
Your stoppers must be used and not brand new (you are able to purchase individual stoppers from us, but this program requires used stoppers from a Blanton’s bottle);
Package all of your stoppers in one bag or box, safely;
In your package, include your full name, address, phone number, and email address (please write legibly); and,
Send your bag or box to the Buffalo Trace Distillery – Visitor Center (address below).

Buffalo Trace Distillery
Attn: Gift Shop
113 Great Buffalo Trace
Frankfort, KY 40601

Turnaround time can vary depending on availability of staves; typically, completed staves are shipped within 2-3 weeks.
Best of all, the only cost to you is shipping your stoppers to us. We will mount and ship back to you free of charge!

If you have questions, please feel free to contact us!
giftshop@buffalotrace.com

@Mitch @JimN @littlev21
Update from BT:

Thank you for contacting us and congratulations on collecting all of your Blanton’s stoppers! How can you get your stopper stave? See below:

Inspect your stoppers (you must have all 8 individual stoppers. Remember, there are two different N’s; the first looks like this>> N <<, the second looks like this >> N: <<;
Your stoppers must be used and not brand new (you are able to purchase individual stoppers from us, but this program requires used stoppers from a Blanton’s bottle);
Package all of your stoppers in one bag or box, safely;
In your package, include your full name, address, phone number, and email address (please write legibly); and,
Send your bag or box to the Buffalo Trace Distillery – Visitor Center (address below).

Buffalo Trace Distillery
Attn: Gift Shop
113 Great Buffalo Trace
Frankfort, KY 40601

Turnaround time can vary depending on availability of staves; typically, completed staves are shipped within 2-3 weeks.
Best of all, the only cost to you is shipping your stoppers to us. We will mount and ship back to you free of charge!

If you have questions, please feel free to contact us!
giftshop@buffalotrace.com
Bourbon goals

Back
Top Bottom