Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

GTCHAMPION1

Nice, but just to be sure-
That isn’t lead crystal, is it?
Lead crystal is not good for storage.
I picked it at Crate & Barrel and it really didn't say anything about the crystal, but this one is a very popular one that I always wanted. I guess I'm taking my chances 😳

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I picked it at Crate & Barrel and it really didn't say anything about the crystal, but this one is a very popular one that I always wanted. I guess I'm taking my chances 😳
Okay, unlikely lead, which is good, because for real, whisky leeches the lead like really bad.
Like way bad.

GTCHAMPION1

Okay, unlikely lead, which is good, because for real, whisky leeches the lead like really bad.
Like way bad.
They don't state if it's lead free 😐. It has about 188 reviews and I'm trying to find a review made by someone who knows about whiskey and so far I see reviews on how pretty it looks 🙄

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This popped up at the local
BF9D226C-9EFD-4A10-B554-3720A66D643D.jpeg
Will sip over time to let it open up.
Word is it benefits from some air. May even break from tradition and splash with a little H2O.

JDurk

My wife refers to it as the whiskey that taste like dirt.
My wife and I were in Edinburgh, Scotland and did a rookie whisky tasting with 5 types of scotch. The first 1 she tasted, made a face and said, "It tastes like low tide". Don't remember the brand. That stuck with me and it came up again when we bought some Laphroaig. Avoid islay now.IMG_20181026_152627556.jpg

Top Bottom