Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

This is closer to Laphroaig than Macallan - gotta like the peat. earthy - not for everyone.

This is closer to Laphroaig than Macallan - gotta like the peat. earthy - not for everyone.
She drinks Laphroaig and enjoys that. Not sure what was up with the Jura. She does enjoy peaty scotch. Maybe something was off with her taste buds last night. We'll need to do an in home tasting.
Tried Laphroaig once with my wife. She made a horrible face and said it tastes like low tide. I got to finish the bottle all by myself. However, I haven't purchased since.

I have been dry for January so I am just here to plan my 1st drink
This thread is killing me, I'm on a 30-day, too, which is supposed to be up on the 3rd. My wife and I are having a debate. I had a sip of wine at dinner the other night and felt it was not polite spit. While she agreed, she said technically, I did not abstain. :thumbsdown:

And you don’t get any.

I love that stuff. Well priced too
And available.
In bike terms: light, strong *and* cheap

Ooh, haven't had the barrel proof, I don't think. I'm guessing they did it well? Might have to source me a bottle tonight.
If you like EC, you’ll like this. Very consistent with the small batch, just bigger.

Yikes, just realized it's real barrel strength at 133
If you like full octane also try the Old Forester 1920, another reasonably priced cask strength option
Can't really crack bottles of bourbon or whisky anymore, enjoy
Well 122, but yeah, still big.
The OF1920 is on my hit list, i made the mistake of trying one of their very basic offerings, which was okay, but the 1910/1920 supposed to be different, and much better.

Sorry you can’t enjoy, hoping that’s a temporary injunction.

I’ve been trying to cut back on my drinking, so I decided to not buy any new booze for a while. The liquor cabinet is down to mostly mixers at this point, so I started drinking our scotch. I love whiskey but not crazy about scotch, but that’s all that’s left. I’m an equal opportunity drinker, so maybe one day I will appreciate scotch. 690822D1-ECB5-47B2-AA48-BE4213D75EC3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom