Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

1st time in this thread I think. Been doing a rotation of Irish(Writers Tears), Scotch (Mccallan 12yr) and this SJ distillery not far from Spellbound and Village Idiot breweries, in the same town of Mt Holly. Train Wreck is the name, Super Chief in the G-glass.
IMG_20190906_172817500.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve said it before, gotta love a bartender who doesn’t know what to do with “neat”
View attachment 100053

View attachment 100054
Or maybe this is just how they do in the Midwest?
Jesus. You know how to find em. I'll always remember on tour in Vermillion, SD (small college town) I ordered a double of Jameson on the rocks and got 2 strong ass pours. It was 2 for 1 night, but I totally thought it was just dirt cheap and they didnt know what they were doing. That turned into quite the memorable night.

Jesus. You know how to find em. I'll always remember on tour in Vermillion, SD (small college town) I ordered a double of Jameson on the rocks and got 2 strong ass pours. It was 2 for 1 night, but I totally thought it was just dirt cheap and they didnt know what they were doing. That turned into quite the memorable night.
Yeah, those were "singles" and both unopened bottles.
Seemed awesome at the time, but the next day sucked a little.

How is?
Mitch drinks it all the time and won’t tell me if I should grab a bottle or not.
Was tuning up the liver for Charleston and it was up to the task.

Full disclosure, we are the wholesaler for them in NJ. Great stuff especially at that price point. There are also rye and bourbon-rye offerings and sometimes limited cask strength releases.

I am a rye guy and I've used PH to convert non rye drinkers.

Last edited:
Another one that over delivers at the price point. Their 4 YO rye is one of my favorites,
View attachment 106638

i like the babies! there is interest in the youth - and don't mind some of the sharpness that would mellow.

haven't had this one - but the impressive presentation, i may need to seek!

Stopped at High Wire Distillery today in downtown Charleston, for a flight. Pretty neat stuff, using local heirloom ingredients. Young whiskeys with lots of color and flavor extracted from the barrels as a result of the extremely warm temperatures.

I did not care for the 100% sorghum (banana bread nose, banana taffy on the pallette) rye was pretty good. The real winner was the 100% Jimmy Red Corn Bourbon, and this is coming from someone who does not care for lots of corn on the mash bill.

20190926_142507.jpg

Back
Top Bottom