Any Pokemon card experts here?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
So yesterday one of my son's college buddies asks him if he has any old Pokemon cards that he could give to his young brother. This leads to my wife and son digging through the attic. At one point my wife remembers she has bunch of "gifts" that were intended for my son when he was younger, but for whatever reason she never gave them to him.

Anyway. She has a bunch of sealed blister packs of Pokemon cards. We could only find a couple of matches on Ebay and they are listed from about $300 to $2000. How can you figure out what these things are worth? Dad could use a new turntable.

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Gary, my youngest son is (still) into the trading scene of Pokemon....shoot me over a few pics, I will have him follow up with you.

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
Gary, my youngest son is (still) into the trading scene of Pokemon....shoot me over a few pics, I will have him follow up with you.
Here you go. We've hunted down most of them, but this pack eludes us. Similar looking ones sold for over $2k, but this is probably worth $2.

pokemon.jpeg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here you go. We've hunted down most of them, but this pack eludes us. Similar looking ones sold for over $2k, but this is probably worth $2.

View attachment 144847
I'm not sure which ones are up in value, but I'm assuming the OG/first gen cards from when I was in like 4th grade. That looks like the newer stuff.

Last edited:

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
I'm not sure which ones are up in value, but I'm assuming the OG/first gen cars from when I was in like 4th grade. That looks like the newer stuff.
Well, we have some from the same time frame valued at $2-300, but those are individual cards where you can see the numbers. He has some that would be worth money if they weren't so beat up.

What's really funny is that this all started because my son's friend wanted them for his brother. We assumed it was his little brother so he could play with them. Apparently it was for his 24 year old brother who is looking for free cards he could sell.

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
I'm not sure which ones are up in value, but I'm assuming the OG/first gen cards from when I was in like 4th grade. That looks like the newer stuff.
Found these similar but who knows.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Found these similar but who knows.

That are worth whatever two nerds will pay one ebay. One paying nerd does't help you.

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Gary this is Marc's son Dan. After looking at the picture and looking at a few sources I would suggest anywhere between $1200-$1500 to the right buyer and if you are willing to be patient. There are a few factors that go into valuing this stuff like the condition of the packaging, what art was used on the packs, and the packs themselves. The 3 packs in that were from 2006 right after The Pokemon Company took over production of the cards from Wizards of the Coast so they are sought after but not insane like WoTC stuff, especially right now. The market is definitely cooling down after a huge high because of some big name people getting into the hobby and shooting prices up for vintage cards. If you are looking to move it quick reach out to me along with any other product if you have anything else, even your sons older beat up collections.

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
Gary this is Marc's son Dan. After looking at the picture and looking at a few sources I would suggest anywhere between $1200-$1500 to the right buyer and if you are willing to be patient. There are a few factors that go into valuing this stuff like the condition of the packaging, what art was used on the packs, and the packs themselves. The 3 packs in that were from 2006 right after The Pokemon Company took over production of the cards from Wizards of the Coast so they are sought after but not insane like WoTC stuff, especially right now. The market is definitely cooling down after a huge high because of some big name people getting into the hobby and shooting prices up for vintage cards. If you are looking to move it quick reach out to me along with any other product if you have anything else, even your sons older beat up collections.
Thanks for the info. Someone said he was interested in buying it, but wanted us to come up with a number.

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
Haha exactly. Notice they are asking prices, no bids
There are plenty with bids

Danimal

There are plenty with bids

Wtf, not even free shipping?!? I'm out.

Top Bottom