Any Parks closed due to Covid-19?

Off The Road Again

Does anyone know if any parks are officially closed due to this virus? Asking because I may want to steal away a few hours from working from home to go for a ride. I don't want to drive to a park that is closed (I live in Central Jersey). I've seen posts of Waway, HM, and Wildcat of people riding. Thanks!!

TimBay

I heard ocean county closed their parks system and stb22222 confirmed in another thread that bucks county closed theirs. Hoping that doesn't spread too much, because I'll lose my shit.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
County parks may vary, but from NJ State Parks Facebook page:
7442BC74-7C79-457F-B745-341D47DE076B.png

TimBay

The dummies will ruin it for us all. Today in the lot, I saw 2 ladies with dogs, talking and likely keeping apart, but then at the very end of their interaction, one pets the other's dog. Fuck, I want to put up a flyer about people's dogs. I might be weird, but I put my face up right on my dogs heads/necks when I'm petting them. Exactly where others touch them with their sick hands. Ugh.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
The dummies will ruin it for us all. Today in the lot, I saw 2 ladies with dogs, talking and likely keeping apart, but then at the very end of their interaction, one pets the other's dog. Fuck, I want to put up a flyer about people's dogs. I might be weird, but I put my face up right on my dogs heads/necks when I'm petting them. Exactly where others touch them with their sick hands. Ugh.

Someone tried to talk to my son last weekend at mahlon and I had to say we're social distancing and take a hike since they weren't keeping their distance

Off The Road Again

Go-to waway, hm or WC.
I see what you're saying, but going to those places is more like carving out 4-5 hours of my day. I'm hourly, and my boss would be totally cool with it, but me not being billable means he (or company) doesn't make money, and I don't make money. Love Waway and HM (not too familiar with WC, yet).

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I see what you're saying, but going to those places is more like carving out 4-5 hours of my day. I'm hourly, and my boss would be totally cool with it, but me not being billable means he (or company) doesn't make money, and I don't make money. Love Waway and HM (not too familiar with WC, yet).

I think everything is open that would be close to you, save for maybe Nassau which I think is still closed. CR is open, specifically.

Off The Road Again

Cool. I was thinking CR tomorrow, stay near ballfield loop, Black and Yellow - fewer trail users in those areas. Plus Blue and Red will still be a mess.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool. I was thinking CR tomorrow, stay near ballfield loop, Black and Yellow - fewer trail users in those areas. Plus Blue and Red will still be a mess.

I hiked yellow in part today. Wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. Should be really solid by the weekend I think.

travoltt

I guess walking through parks is not so dangerous as long as you stay away from people gatherings. I mean, yeah, at the beginning we had to stay home and go out only when really necessary, but people gave up. Not everyone can stay locked in four walls for a long period of time... So I guess there's nothing wrong in taking a walk in the park as soon as you have a mask on. As for me, I ordered a whole pack of KN96 masks so that I wouldn't have to wait at the local pharmacy for new masks to arrive as they have sold out very fast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom