Any other shops besides Cyclecraft in Parsippany or close by?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAIN

I have been to this store 3 times and I just don't like the customer service there. They aren't motivated, excited or at best wanting to do their jobs. Are the techs there any good, because that would be worth dealing with. I am just trying to find a mom and pop shop, friends shop that will help you in a jam. I am getting ready to move to Parsippany this weekend and I need to find a reliable shop that will be there for you when you need them.

Going to be riding Tourne and Lewis Morris all the time if that helps with shop loactions. Any thoughts?

clutch

I have been to this store 3 times and I just don't like the customer service there. They aren't motivated, excited or at best wanting to do their jobs. Are the techs there any good, because that would be worth dealing with. I am just trying to find a mom and pop shop, friends shop that will help you in a jam. I am getting ready to move to Parsippany this weekend and I need to find a reliable shop that will be there for you when you need them.

Going to be riding Tourne and Lewis Morris all the time if that helps with shop loactions. Any thoughts?

http://www.mtbnj.com/shop_dir.php

Looks like whippany cycles is the closest to cyclecraft, but there hours are horrible.
Marty's is fairly close too, the service department is actually in a separate building behind the show room.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Cycle Center of Denville, right off rt46. We're a Jamis dealer. Admittedly we're not as fancy as martys' or cc, but we offer personal service and you deal with the owner. Oh, and I'm the wrench - I ride mtn, road & trials- and a member here if that means anything... LOL!

T

Timekiller

I know its not that close, but as far as best service, tech, ect. Stop by Cycleworks in Byram. cycleworks206.com for thier hours. I have shopped at whippany cycles, Cycle craft, and martys. By far cycle works has been my best experience, whippany cycle also went out of their way for me, but I did not make any purchace there.

Wazu

marty's in Succasunna and cycleworks in Byram. You won't be disappointed. My friend was just complaining to me about Cyclecraft just yesterday in fact and I directed him to one of the two above mentioned shops. I shall not tell which.

BAIN

Well, thank you all for the information. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, being sussex county I would tell you to give your business to either Jason at Sussex Bike or Clayton at Action Outfitters in Andover or Milford.

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
in the lewis morris area you must hit up Martys.
Tourne would be Bicycle Tech in Lincon Park. they actually has a shop in an old liquor store in Boonton.
Jungle habitat,Ringwood, Waywayanda go to Town Cycle
Sussex area definately the new Action Outfitters. Clayton is a cool MoFo and can rip sh*t on a DH bike.
on the vernon side of sussex co go to sussex bike shop

T

tthurston4

It's a little down the road, but Montclair Bikery has good selection and service.

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
Montclair works so does Diamond on Bloomfield ave in montclair. that is if you are riding in Essex county .....still a no,no. But rumor has it it is getting worked out.

Wazu

I just came from CycleWorks. What a nice shop. They gave me a discount too because of mtbNJ. Talk to John. He's a class act all the way.

ccbrendan

Shop: Cycle Craft
Shop Keep
Didn't like the customer service at Cycle Craft?

Motivated or wanting to do their jobs? When were you in the store and who did you work with? What were expecting that did not happen? I would welcome an opportunity to hear your input. Please call me (973) 227-3310. That is my direct line. Brendan POh General Manager, Cycle Craft

pinkshirtphotos

i will never go to the shop after j** stopped working there. cycle craft
plthumbsdown.gif
martys in moristown is a good shop, town cycle is a good shop, cycle works is a good shop.

ccbrendan

Shop: Cycle Craft
Shop Keep
J** and Cycle Craft

plthumbsdown.gif
martys in moristown is a good shop, town cycle is a good shop, cycle works is a good shop.

Just for the record, J** did not stop working here, he was fired. He lasted as long as he did because I am a nice guy and he had our head mechanic Mike cover his rear on a regular basis. Just wanted to have a balanced discussion on the general merits of local mechanics as long as people seem to want to talk about it.

Shaggz

A strong 7
plthumbsdown.gif
Please keep your comments constructive. I have seen Brendan handle comments on MTBR professionally, and he did so here with Bain's original post.

D

DHDiva27

bad service??

I have been in the store a bunch of times and i noticed that the service you get all depends on who you talk to.... some of the employees are rather rude when you try to ask questions but others are really helpful..... I would say try again go on like a saturday or a sunday thats when it seems like the ppl are best

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
lets reel this in a bit folks. i know brendan and he's a stand up guy as illustrated by his first post. people have good days and bad days, so lets not forget that. throwing someone or their shop under the bus isn't what this is all about and if this trend continues i'll lock this.

brendan, thanks for being a professional.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
in the lewis morris area you must hit up Martys.
Tourne would be Bicycle Tech in Lincon Park. they actually has a shop in an old liquor store in Boonton.

Bike Tech Liquor Store shop in Boonton closed last fall. Glenn (who ran the shop) had medical problems, but he is fine now and working out of the LP shop again. This shop is not big but they know their stuff and have a great wrench (see Scotty K).

BTW - I work around the corner from Cycle Craft and have always had positive help from their people. And they are usualy stocked pretty well.

Last edited:

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
If i can control myself ...

..so should you!! Look here peeps ,I can be quite a prick sometimes.Heck, I'll pick your pocket,sleep w/ your wife and I've even been known to rag on "the almighty" BobW in here,BUT.............the LBS scene is just off limits for me. When you choose bicycles to be your job you're an owner or worker who is just stuck in your area until you decide to move to a new city.It's kinda like the tattoo industry where all you really have is your personal reputation.If you have a prob just find someone affiliated w/ the shop and PM them or just tell your friends privatley that you don't like whatever shop.This is a tough and thankless industry and any shop will help you if you ask the right person.I think publically on the web is not the way to do it. I help my friends at a Specialized shop and would not hesitate to send someone south of me to TC in Hackettstown(a direct competitor) cause he's also my friend and i trust him completely, cause territory,brand ,whatever,we're all in this together.Bikes aren't our hobby, they're our lives.............

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Get it right...

If you are going to use my name get it right...it is "The Almight Bob W." Next time you will feel my wrath!!!

BABOYTOY

Cycleworks took great care of me at Allamuchy 2 years ago when I wrecked. They rebuilt my front wheel and charged me $15. They will always get my business when I am in the area. Class act 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom