Any local places services fox suspension on site and quickly?

Sent in leaky shock to Fox, complained about it leaking from new. I tried new seals. Sent it into Fox for normal service.

"Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it whatsoever, will not admit there's a leak, it's way past warranty. However we do notice the finishing isn't nice on your air can, we'll give you a new one." Get it back, no more leaking.

That being said, seals on a rear shock are EASY.

@Santapez any chance you have a ballpark memory on what shipping costs were to send it in?
I do the same honestly.. especially mid season. You always win when you send the stuff back to Fox or RS as they often warranty or upgrade samll parts at no charge.

or maybe i should be asking @jdog since im sure he does more of them. My fork AND shock are coming due for a trip back to the mothership and im trying to estimate total cost to me. (i know what fox is going to charge its right on their website)

@Santapez any chance you have a ballpark memory on what shipping costs were to send it in?

or maybe i should be asking @jdog since im sure he does more of them. My fork AND shock are coming due for a trip back to the mothership and im trying to estimate total cost to me. (i know what fox is going to charge its right on their website)
Wasn't expensive. I mean, I'm sure I made my work pay for it, but $15?

Two thoughts since this thread:

-I pulled my Fox 34 apart last night. It's easy. Like *really* easy. I didn't put it back together, but I'd work on a fork any day of the week compared to doing a calipers or wheel cylinders on a car any day. I'm awaiting some parts. I bought a cheap shaft grip for the vice so I don't half ass it.
-Fox isn't cheap. I'd very much consider Diaz Suspension out of Colorado. Their pricing seems pretty good and they'll do custom valving cheap.

Wasn't expensive. I mean, I'm sure I made my work pay for it, but $15?

Two thoughts since this thread:

-I pulled my Fox 34 apart last night. It's easy. Like *really* easy. I didn't put it back together, but I'd work on a fork any day of the week compared to doing a calipers or wheel cylinders on a car any day. I'm awaiting some parts. I bought a cheap shaft grip for the vice so I don't half ass it.
-Fox isn't cheap. I'd very much consider Diaz Suspension out of Colorado. Their pricing seems pretty good and they'll do custom valving cheap.
Worth the money every time. Nearly every fork sees updates for little or no charge.

MTB suspension service is unbelievably cheap.

Moto suspension service is often over $1500. Really.

Worth the money every time. Nearly every fork sees updates for little or no charge.

MTB suspension service is unbelievably cheap.

Moto suspension service is often over $1500. Really.

not worried about the service cost, just trying to get a ballpark on shipping for both pieces, iv got PLENTY of hours on this setup to justify a factory service at this point in the year.

looks like itll probably be another $50 or so based on what @Santapez is saying, maybe he can have his work pay for my shipping too 🤣 🤣 now to start hunting for boxes

Back
Top Bottom