Team MTBNJ Halter's
What you jamming to these days ?
Spotify is on constant artist radio of

Dead
Phish
Pigeons playing ping pong
Moe.
Spafford

Any jam fest plans, I am going back to peach fest again while adding riding in those plans in the greater Scranton area.

Happy Jamming!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Moe is a bit much for me. It sounds like their career is one continuous never-ending song.

I like Phish.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Moe is a bit much for me. It sounds like their career is one continuous never-ending song.

I like Phish.
Moe did complete waiting for Columbus album last year with little feat at peach fest last. It was awesome...

TheGerd

JRAD are doing great things with the Dead catalog, and I’m liking Greensky Bluegrass. Can’t go wrong with the good ol’ Grateful Dead of course.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Been going to Phish shows since 1996. Dont really listen to them much outside of shows. The Magic of Phish is all about being there.

I'm kind of with @Norm on Moe. Ive seen them a bunch in the 90's and early 2000's but they sound a bit generic and uninspired to me. A couple good moments but.. meh.

I like all kinds of music. but in the Jam Band vein here's some i dig:

Dead
The New Mastersounds
Lotus (i used to play shows with their dummer, Mike back in the day)
Marco Benevento (who I'm going to see next week. He's so much fun. Megan and I see him every time he's around)
Cory Wong
Vulfpeck
Lettuce
Soulive
Robert Walter's 20th Congress
Medeski Martin & Wood (not for everyone)
The Motet (although i wish they didnt get that singer. I prefer the instrumental stuff more)
Greyboy Allstars
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Jamiroquai
John Scofield
The Meters
Pimps of Joytime
Stanton Moore
Turkuaz
Barika
Garage a Trois
Matador Soul Sounds
Dopapod
Octave Cat
Percy Hill

Does blue grass count as Jam Band? Iv'e been listening to TONS of bluegrass.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
JRAD are doing great things with the Dead catalog, and I’m liking Greensky Bluegrass. Can’t go wrong with the good ol’ Grateful Dead of course.

I used to hang with Scotty Metzger of JRad back in the late 90's in Princeton and New Hope. He used to be in this experimental noise band called F-Hole and another group called Amphibian with Phish Lyricist Tom Marshal. I always knew Scotty was going places. His playing was amazing back then too.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Been going to Phish shows since 1996. Dont really listen to them much outside of shows. The Magic of Phish is all about being there.

I'm kind of with @Norm on Moe. Ive seen them a bunch in the 90's and early 2000's but they sound a bit generic and uninspired to me. A couple good moments but.. meh.

Dead
The New Mastersounds
Marco Benevento (who I'm going to see next week. He's so much fun. Megan and I see him every time he's around)
Cory Wong
Vulfpeck
Lettuce
Soulive
The Motet (although i wish they didnt get that singer. I prefer the instrumental stuff more)
Greyboy Allstars
Jamiroquai
John Scofield
The Meters
Pimps of Joytime
Stanton Moore
Turkuaz
Barika
Garage a Trois
Matador Soul Sounds
Dopapod
Octave Cat
Percy Hill

This list is fantastic.

First time I saw the phish was ‘92. I’m a big MMW fan myself.

I’d add some Oysterhead and anything Les Claypool works on (prints but also the outside of prints stuff like Sausage). Heavier but still open ended.

You ever listen to Marc Ribot?

RobW

Dead
The New Mastersounds
Cory Wong
Vulfpeck
Lettuce
Soulive
Greyboy Allstars
Jamiroquai
John Scofield
The Meters
Pimps of Joytime
Stanton Moore
Turkuaz
Barika
Garage a Trois
Matador Soul Sounds
Dopapod
Octave Cat
Percy Hill

thanks for the new bands to spec out.... did you listen to the link i posted up in the music thread? my cousin used to play in some big bluegrass band... still plays in the freewheel trio, and now a new EP

a new listen for me is Judah & The Lion- dudes rock out!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
If you’re into bluegrass there are some great classical/bluegrass crossover by Edgar Meyer (bassist) Mike Marshall and Bela Fleck.

Uncommon Ritual is a great album to start with.

Forgot to add another good one from the 90s is Col. Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit.

RobW

If you’re into bluegrass there are some great classical/bluegrass crossover by Edgar Meyer (bassist) Mike Marshall and Bela Fleck.

Uncommon Ritual is a great album to start with.

Forgot to add another good one from the 90s is Col. Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit.
was looking for some bluegrass festivals local to here but it seems they are either DE, or NY or PA

bergsnj

yeaaa maaaaannnnnn, but seriously I can get down to the Dead, Allman Brothers (with Dickie Betts), and the like. I saw Robert Randolph and the Family Band a few times back in the day. Big fan of Gov't Mule, seen them a bunch.

Top Bottom