Any Jam Band fans

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh and there's Steve Kimock! How could I forget about him!

Steve once let me play one of his guitars briefly. The one pictured below.

30142.jpg

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Kind of obscure, but has anyone ever listened to Schleigho?

Guitarist leaves something to be desired sometimes but the band overall is pretty good. Lots of instrumentals.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
and anything Les Claypool works on
Have you caught the Claypool/Lennon Delirium yet? Listened to them live on WXPN recently. Would buy album.

Oh yeah! forgot about them.

NP! Will check out the link!

Bluegrass music is in heavy rotation for me. Currently on my work playlist right now:

The OGs
Tony Rice
John Hartford
Del Mcourey
David Grizman
Bill Monroe
Doc Watson
Peter Rowan
Sam Bush
Newgrass Revival
Old and in the Way
Earl Scruggs

Newer Generation
Bryan Sutton
Jacob Jolif (young wiz kid Mandolin player that blows my mind)
Billy Strings (another young wiz kid. Flatpick guitar. high energy)
Greensky Bluegrass
Yonder Mountain String Band
Andrew Marlin
Thomas Cassell
Mile Twelve
Infamous Stringdusters
Section House
Hawktail
Rapidgrass

And tons more
Liked for the OGs.

@mattybfat you doing Mountain Jam this year?

rlb

Have you caught the Claypool/Lennon Delirium yet? Listened to them live on WXPN recently. Would buy album.

Haven't had a listen yet but this is on my radar. I was going to suggest My Morning Jacket as pseudo jam band. More so live than in studio, but regardless they are still great.

Some good suggestions in here, it's about time I start listening to some new music again!

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Haven't had a listen yet but this is on my radar.
It’s a nice balance of the two.
I saw Primus with Clutch last year, and mainlining straight Claypool is just a little much for me.

olegbabich

I like some Jam Bands.

Long time ago in a galaxy far far away I attended around 127 Grateful Dead concerts.

4th of July shows at Meadowlands with Bob Dylan were always super long. The boys would start @ 1:30pm and encore would be @ 2:15am.

In High School Dead Heads and Metal Heads would skip class, smoke pot and play Hacky Sack and listen to a boom box. We would go song for song, 1 Metallica for 1 Dead song. 2.5 min Metallica and then I would try to put in a 42min Live Version of Big Bertha.

Around ‘85 –‘87, when skiing Smugglers' Notch I went to see the local Bar Band called Phish a bunch of times. I never really got into this.

Allman Brothers use to stretch the songs during live performance.

These days we go to Primus shows every year, there is a lot of music coming from 3 dudes.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Went through a "hippie band phase" as my parents called it in HS/college. Not too up on new stuff but other than the ones already mentioned, jammy type bands still in rotation on my playlist are :
Bela Fleck
Dispatch
Galactic
Guster
Keller Williams
OAR (i know they're pop now)
Rusted Root
Strangefolk
String Cheese Incident

blackburn1973

Don't know how I missed this thread. Been seeing Phish since '93 and catching the three Camden shows this summer, as well as the two Fenway dates and Dick's in Denver. Considering hitting Darkstar Orchestra in Asbury Park middle of this month as have never seen them. Tedeschi Trucks puts on an amazing show as does Lettuce/Soulive.

rxpxskier

Went through a "hippie band phase" as my parents called it in HS/college. Not too up on new stuff but other than the ones already mentioned, jammy type bands still in rotation on my playlist are :
Bela Fleck
Dispatch
Galactic
Guster
Keller Williams
OAR (i know they're pop now)
Rusted Root
Strangefolk
String Cheese Incident
clearly a baby of the 80s! right on

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Marco Benevento killed it last night (as usual) in Philly. This band always makes me smile all night. It’s also amazing how hard they can get down with no guitar in the band. Marco is a virtuoso pianist and also a really funny guy who doesn’t take himself seriously.9C179B4B-CCC4-49CC-B05F-9F9AFD7FEC5C.jpeg
2A6E104E-A140-4BCD-86BC-C7FF78428B99.jpegEEE38691-ACA9-49AB-82DD-AD7E26711E66.jpeg

Attachments

• 928DB723-E3C3-4F37-9943-6E2BB055CA17.jpeg
    928DB723-E3C3-4F37-9943-6E2BB055CA17.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 8E3993D9-4E58-48EF-8D54-7AEDF609E0D1.jpeg
    8E3993D9-4E58-48EF-8D54-7AEDF609E0D1.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Top Bottom