Any good dirt this weekend?

Sircrashalot

SO all the trails I know this weekend are TOTALLY out of the question, but its supposed to be really nice. I know I am not alone in feelin' the itch really bad.

So...what trails if any willbe solid this weekend?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Well the snow here in my back yard in Bergen County is almost gone, but it seems to be the only place with little snow in NJ. I have heard guys bragging about up to 12 inches in Sparta and Harriman. I may need to see that to believe that ;). Needless to say, when that all melts it will be mushy.

Road riding for me. .... and 5 day to Arizona :D. ok you can kick me in the bruise for that comment :rolleyes:

lou_b_83

Stopped at Deer Park yesterday after work to take a look at the trails. No one has been on them with a bike. Just some hikers. I did not walk far up white but it is crap there to. If it does melt it will still be crap. :cry:

Sircrashalot

Central Jersey is a no go this weekend.

Yeah...hoping somebody up north chimes in with something rocky & not a muddy mess. I am not familiar with the trails up there at all so have no idea how they handle this much wet & warm.

p.s. Pixychick I won't kick your bruise because it is 'hawt' but I am jealous of the trip! :rolleyes:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Yeah...hoping somebody up north chimes in with something rocky & not a muddy mess. I am not familiar with the trails up there at all so have no idea how they handle this much wet & warm.

I hiked a bit at Jungle Hab yesterday and it's covered in a blanket of 4-5" of dense, icy snow. No bike tracks. It'll be a while. :(

Ian F

Most of the snow down by me (lower Bucks Co. PA) is gone... so it's a good chance riding in S. Jersey may be doable (Wharton or Lebanon areas - trails cut in sand). Wissahickon will be a hit-miss... some areas bone dry... others slop...

I'll probably do a road ride from home Sat... providing it's not raining or something... I'm starting to get tired of cleaning mud off my bike...

Last edited:

southernerinnj

I work out on duck island and if our site is anything like the trails around here are there is going to be some serious soup this weekend. The snow is pretty much all gone but lots of mud!

Perfect opportunity for a combination (aka "mutant") road ride... Get those fat tire slicks out and put em on your favorite rigid commuter (or vintage MTB gathering rafter dust)... then hit some of the finer backways, towpaths, gravel and dirt roads... Make sure to throw in at least a little pavement. See another side of Jersey you've been missing.... Why mess up your $7000 Serotta... GO MUTANT!!!

Peace,
BB

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
On a more hopeful note: I just noticed the snow on my patio is all melted. The yard is a soggy mess, but I saw daffodils coming up. :) Spring will be here soon.

Kmoodymz3

On a more hopeful note: I just noticed the snow on my patio is all melted. The yard is a soggy mess, but I saw daffodils coming up. :) Spring will be here soon.

Yeah Daffodils!!!!

Going to ride Sandy Hook this weekend, light winds from the west, warmer weather and it is migration time. Great opportunity to take in some feathered wildlife and cruise the flats!

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Yeah Daffodils!!!!

Going to ride Sandy Hook this weekend, light winds from the west, warmer weather and it is migration time. Great opportunity to take in some feathered wildlife and cruise the flats!

Riding the Hook, and the rails to trails this weekend for me. Hartshorne, Huber, Thompson, Tatum, Clayton, are all very wet on top of frozen soil. We had between 10" and 13.5" in Monmouth County, and it is all melting into the top few inches (because it can't drain down thru the frozen sub soil.)

rayder

what about Round valley it's out west there how did they do with snow out there anybody know?

Top Bottom