Any chance of finding a new fatty?

Tim

aka sptimmy43
So I am fully aware of how Covid has affected the bike industry. I had no intentions of getting a new bike but I recently rode with a few guys who were on fat bikes and I got the itch. If anyone has any leads on anything in stock anywhere I’d appreciate a heads up.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Check face book. There's fat bike trader group and northeast bicycle classified. I see them on there regularly.

Just saw some beargrease in pa. What size?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Buy a medium RSD Mayor with a Mastodon fork and then sell it to me when you decide fat bikes are stupid.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Not too much around. I know Canyon just got Dudes in stock because they posted it on the Social Medias.

JerseyPete

Buy a medium RSD Mayor with a Mastodon fork and then sell it to me when you decide fat bikes are stupid.
The pricing seems reasonable. Is this what you would recommend to someone that is fat curious? Asking for myself.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Those look pretty nice and have more modern geo. The complete bikes are sold out but, surprisingly, I was able to pre-order a frame/fork in size large. You're gonna have to grow a few inches if you want to try and convince me it's stupid. 😝

Now I need to to figure out if I want 26or 27.5 wheels and get some built. I predict a visit to @jimvreeland is in my future.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Those look pretty nice and have more modern geo. The complete bikes are sold out but, surprisingly, I was able to pre-order a frame/fork in size large. You're gonna have to grow a few inches if you want to try and convince me it's stupid. 😝

Now I need to to figure out if I want 26or 27.5 wheels and get some built. I predict a visit to @jimvreeland is in my future.

rigid go 26, fork-it 27.5 ok, but still 26!
29x3 with fork, sell other bikes - you don't need them.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
s-l300.jpg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The pricing seems reasonable. Is this what you would recommend to someone that is fat curious? Asking for myself.

I'd rather it was carbon, but that'll probably be my next bike. I rode a friend's older generation Mayor for a few weeks and liked it.

Buy a medium and then sell it to me when you decide fat bikes are stupid :p

jackx

I've only test ridden a pair around the lot. That was enough to know they'd never work for me. Like having a 2x4 shoved up your ass for fun. Which is perfectly acceptable if you really like 2x4s.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Haha
Reactions: Tim

Tim

aka sptimmy43
So I have until at least early March, until I'll have the frame and fork which gives me a little time to figure out wheels/tires. I don't plan on putting a suspension fork on it.

26 or 27.5? What sayeth the MTB fatbike gurus?

Top Bottom