Another Unofficial Thanksgiving Day Ride

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ladies and Gentlemen we are celebrating our 20th anniversary of this tradition. This ride is a no drop, chat fest, feast justification and usually very slippery. We meet at Rockaway Valley School playground parking lot on Valley Road in Boonton Township at 7:30am. We pile the bikes into the back of a large truck @ 8:00 am, get ferried to the top of Split Rock Road and procede in the general direction of Charlottesburg Rd. We have had ages 12 to 65, and ant where from 3 to 32 riders depending year and weather. All are welcome.

rayder

what type of terrain

is this ride on trails or fire road or what? although I live in the area I've never ridden there. Afraid of getting lost and couldn't find the trails the one time I tried.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Terrain is fire road and double track mostly. Rocky, leafy and slick right now. This route is a traditional thing and pretty short (somewhere between 5 & 7 miles).

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
great ride this am folks. we had about 17 people show...about three knew about mtbnj.com so we'll see how many new faces pop up. bill, that's part of your job.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
hmm. a guessing game. i like that.

your new delta tau chi name shall be...PORPOISE.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
bill, i'm giving you full lock on the graveyard name. i'll chage his name when i get a few minutes. actually, maybe i should change it to 'broad shoulder boy' :D

Top Bottom