Another Noob Intro!

ilnadi

Welcome! glad you found us -
next step up from six mile run or allaire is nassau trails. get some saddle time then
post up for a tour - maybe @ilnadi (has a nica racer in the house) would be available, or could hook you up.

@robmaurizi I am at Nassau with a kids a few times a week as long as it is dry. PM me and I can give you guys a tour; we have varied rides as I have one racer and one beginner.

[edit] Noticed you already have NICA kid, that's awesome. I assume you are with the Essex Offroad team just down the road from you, Remind the others they don't have to be/become racers. Plenty of kids ride/race for the fun of it. Some practice and never race (or say they won't until they see how much fun it is :^)
Another resource is the FB pages most teams keep (e.g. https://www.facebook.com/EssexMTB/)

Anyway, NICA does not start till mid-October; plenty of riding until then.

Last edited:

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey! Nice to meet you! I'm one of the coaches on the Essex Offroad team (which, if you're based in Montclair, your oldest will be with our team!) Def explore the Cedar Grove & Verona Rail trail - tons of trails for all different abilities in there. (And it's close.)

rick81721

Lothar
Any relation to this guy?

MV5BNzM3NWY0OTEtZjAzMC00NDI5LWI0MzMtN2ViMzMwODQ4ZDZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU3NTQyMTg@._V1_SY1000_SX...jpg

Mathers

Welcome!
If you are in Montclair you have some good trails in Cedar Grove.
Allaire is great for young kids. I take my 6 year old there with his BMX bike.

robmaurizi

Thanks, everyone for your replies and the infos. We were in Allaire this weekend, and everyone had a blast. Amazing the difference between the north & south sides of that place, but we're already planning to head back in a couple of weeks to explore more of the south beyond Orange & Blue (and a few things that connect the two).

@muddybike & @Mathers - we'll probably hit Cedar Grove again this weekend, but not sure when yet (back-to-school prep needs to take priority unfortunately).

@ilnadi Thanks for the offer! Once we get past the hump of school starting (and everything that goes with that), I'll try to carve out a day to take the boys down there, and I'll ping you for sure!

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome aboard we have beginner rides at Allaire every Tuesday night starting at 6 pm.
If you are going to venture out on your own down maprika or trailforks for your smartphone.
Maprika has a good Allaire map plus it "blue" dots you on it so getting lost is tough as long as you stay on the mapped trails.

Top Bottom