Annoying sounds / deraileur cable

ellbiddy

So I've got a super annoying squeek coming out somewhere around my crank area but it only happens on downward strokes on the right side, so I initially thought it was the pedal so I tried to lube it a little but to no avail, it's not causing and resistance but it's amazingly annoying.

The second thing is my derailleur cable, the screw on the derailleur that adjusts the cable tension got bent and now my bike ghost shifts like crazy I've only had to replace the actual cable before I was wondering if that screw thing is part of the derailleur or something that comes with like a cable "kit"

The Rose

It's part of the derailleur and wont come with the cable set. The squeak your getting may be from a bunch of things. Take the pedals off the arms , grease the threads and reinstall them. also, pull the botton bracket out and grease the threads and reinstall that. Make sure everything is tight and see if that works.

ellbiddy

Turns out the noise was from loose SPD's and my cleat was rubbing the pedal on the downward stroke, I figured this out after I ripped off everything just shy of the BB ;p

Top Bottom