Angry alternate world

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I haven't looked at mtbr much in a while but last night I checked out what was going on.

Compared to this spot it felt like a bunch of angry complainers. Very bad vibes and little or no tolerance to ideas or thoughts outside the box.

I think on this site we seem to actually know some folks in person so that keeps up more upbeat.

It is easier to bash people when there is a good chance you wiill never meet them face to face.

I am sure that as this Forum grows it will get uglier here too.:argue:

In general this is a much happier place. I hope we can keep it this way.

Happy Spring!

j

jdog

Shop Keep
Right on.

In a weird round about way I was complimenting the behavior of the regulars here.

j

Shaggz

A strong 7
j-

have to agree - i took your comment as tongue in cheek. i have been watching mtbr as well, and observed the same. i almost replied to the edge crusher pileon that folks seem to need a new punching bag since you-know-who hasn't shown his head in a while, but thought better of it.

it's nice that the personal connections help this community maintain a civil edge.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm vastly entertained by the edgecrusher stuff, almost as much as the bike shop thread where the guy seems to have asked the janitor for help in the bike department. Quality material. Lighten up, Francis.

This site is an example of a growing trend on the Internet. You get a critical mass for message board (MTBR - NJ) survival. Then you get a critical mass for it being really informative. Then you get a critical mass where people bitch at one another and many of the informative people don't bother anymore. Then you get a subset of people on a different site, who know each other. When you get an element of the original site who tries to start trouble, they're often mocked and they don't get the response they hoped for. So they go away.

Fuck it it's all good. Just ride your bike.

Maurice

well....

I had a great ride this morning. Changed my route a little bit so it made it just a hair under 20 miles. Caught a cold yesterday so I'll pass on the details. Let me just say that once in a while I was able to breathe by the nose again and it feels good.

It's supposed to rain (or snow, or whatever...), but it doesn't matter the temperature should be up. When it's in the forties it almost feels warm now.

Looking forward to getting back on the bike this evening.

Maurice

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i go there and lurk the 29er forum, that's about it. those guys still seem, for the most part, to be in the informative stage. unless you aske what color scheme matches your mary. thankfully i didn't do that.

the big reason, right now at least, why we're all realtively civil is b/c a lot of us do know each other and ride together. it's a LOT easier to take heythorp once you've ridden with him a few times. :D

actually, the same probably holds true for me.

SpartaBard

Plus if any a-holes do show up I bet the MTBNJ gods would come down on that person with an iron fist. :getsome:

jdog

Shop Keep
I had a great solo ride this AM. The conditions were fast and fun. No mud. Very little ice.

Beign that it is 5 miles from my house and work it is so easy to just go there vs. driving an hour.

I hope that some of you guys try 6 mile this year. Such a fun spot.

Although it totally lacks elevation change it is mega fun.

I have lured a few northerners down to try and they had a ball.

Peas on Earth

Long live MTBNJ!

j

PatrickBrown

I had a great solo ride this AM. The conditions were fast and fun. No mud. Very little ice.

Beign that it is 5 miles from my house and work it is so easy to just go there vs. driving an hour.

I hope that some of you guys try 6 mile this year. Such a fun spot.

Although it totally lacks elevation change it is mega fun.

I have lured a few northerners down to try and they had a ball.

Peas on Earth

Long live MTBNJ!

j

J, I have heard great things about 6 mile from the guys at bike line east brunswick (old pals/coworkers) and the place is probably one of the closer places to where I work, I'll be checking it out very shortly.

they have also told me that you have done great things with the place.

good things do no always go un noticed.

good job pal

Pat

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
So I got out on the fixed yesterday afternoon. First time I've ridden on the road since Jan. 28. The first few kicks up the street were pure magic- I'd literally forgotten how quick and smooth the road bike feels. The rest of the ride pretty much continued that vibe- the whole "I felt like a kid again" thing that gets brought up all over the place. Talk about a quick hour and a half.

I hope everybody gets some of that experience as we emerge into spring soon.

Sharing the stoke is one of the best things about a community like this.

PedalPaddles

I got out on my road bike yesterday for the first ‘after-work’ ride in long long time. I rode through the Hopewell area and looped around out by Lambertville. The last 30 minutes were after sunset and it got cold pretty quickly. Other than that, it was such a great feeling to ride in the daylight and cruise through my old route. Pedaling up the hills on Swan St, Goats Hill Rd, and Pleasant Valley Rd were a great work out with great views. Like Chris, I really enjoy the fast smooth feeling of a road ride....weeeee!

Spring is on the way. I hope this wasn't too negative.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How bad was the gravel/salt on the road? Its my first "post winter" road season and I am just curious what to expect.

salt and gravel were manageable...not that i'm pushing my bike through any corners or anything. i wiped the bike down last night and took a good bit 'o crap off it. great day yesterday was...i felt fantastic. i think part of it was that i wasn't fixated on the computer the entire time checking my speed, cadence, grade, bla, bla, bla. i just rode. plus if i had known what some of the grades were while i was riding i would have been scared.

ArmyOfNone

so, who wants a new avatar?

pick_me.jpg

ArmyOfNone

i hit the road yesterday for the first time in a long time. I felt pretty damn good as well. I just picked up a heart rate monitor so i wanted to check it out. Im trying to play with the numbers and see what zone i should be in. Hopefully ill figure that out soon.

It was a boost of confidence to me...that or my computer is screwed up, bc it was the fastest road ride i have done. i did about 35 miles in an hour and a half. And i didnt feel like i was pushing it at all. It was a really flat ride also. still felt good tho!

Top Bottom