Angle Headset

bucknejo

I love my 2012 SC tallboy but these days the 71 degree head tube angle seems like its holding back some of the fun on downhill action. anyone have a positive experience with implementing an angle headset?

https://www.canecreek.com/product/angleset/

would 1.5 or 2 degrees even make a noticeable difference? understood changing the HTA would impact the rest of the geo on the bike, but just curious if there have been any success stories. I have a 120mm pike up front which I believe may have altered the HTA given the original spec of 100mm out of the box.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is 2 degrees going to magically make your bike slay downhills , no . If your bike can accept an angleset I'd go with works components I just installed one and fit finish is top notch . I've heard those can creek headsets are problematic .
I'd suggest getting your suspension serviced tuned for your weight this will enhance all aspects of your riding experience

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I have no actual experience with adjustable headsets, but have heard mixed opinions of them. I’m not sure what travel options your pike has, but I would guess it could go to 140-150mm with internal adjustment. I have a similar era Reba that is easy to adjust the travel internally, with the only the cost of replacing the oil.
I believe each 10mm you add changes HA by 0.5 degree.

But, to put it into perspective, the new tallboy has a 65.5 HA, so maybe the answer is FIRE + new bike.

Top Bottom