Andorra World Cup

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Anyone else geeking out over the results from the Andorra stop of the UCI DH/4x World Cup today? For the first time in history, two brothers and a sister locked up wins in a single mountain bike world cup. The Atherton's dominated, with Dan winning the 4x yesterday, Rachel decimating the women's field in the DH today (she beat Sabrina Jonnier by over 8 seconds), and Gee Atherton beat Sam Hill by .3 seconds to take the Men's DH win.

T2A0915.jpg

T2A1110.jpg

Check out the runs on Freecaster:

http://www.freecaster.tv/index.php?channel_id=13

What an incredible World Cup!

DownhillR3

I thought Sam Hill coming second at the USOPEN was a fluke because it wasnt a World Cup, but now a week later he is beat out by Gee.:( Say it ain't so, competition is getting ridicolous this year.

dhsean

It was incredible. It's weird how the videos on Freecaster Sam does look faster in his run. Did you see how he went from inside line to inside line on the flat open turns in the beginning. It defies the laws of physics. That slight bobble with his foot off in the techy section must have cost him the win. I don't know if Sam is feeling the pressure or if everybody else stepped up their game after being crushed last year. And 8 seconds is massive on that track - I guess keeping up with your brothers is some great training. I'm just happy we are finally able to see he video feeds live over here now. Gracia commentating is too funny also, he knows like 5 american words, all of which are curse words.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Sam looked ungoldly fast down the first half of the course but not real good through the technical and finish. Gee's been getting faster each year so it's no surprise he's starting to capture WC wins. A lot of people had him contending for the series this year.

But Rachel winning by 8 and a half seconds is insane. When was the last time any man or woman won a WC by that much?

Um, I think I want a Commencal.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
You ever see photos of the Commencal HQ? It's like a building in the middle of nowhere with a mountain behind it where the whole staff goes biking everyday. Seriously, some people just know what they're doing in life.

NJMX835

I hope Gee doesn't keep winning...

I wanted to buy a Commencal when the 09's come out, now it's going to turn into the next Sunday :D

dhsean

I hope Gee doesn't keep winning...

I wanted to buy a Commencal when the 09's come out, now it's going to turn into the next Sunday :D

The next Sunday will be the Giant Glory. Suspension is similar and you can pick them up cheap. Beside Ironhorse is making as many Sunday's as they can this year before their DW contract runs out to sell next year. The new Commencal's are pimp though, too bad they don't come in a small. Only 2 sizes last I looked, big and bigger.

NJMX835

The next Sunday will be the Giant Glory. Suspension is similar and you can pick them up cheap. Beside Ironhorse is making as many Sunday's as they can this year before their DW contract runs out to sell next year. The new Commencal's are pimp though, too bad they don't come in a small. Only 2 sizes last I looked, big and bigger.

I heard the new Glory isn't coming out until 2010 now, the 09's will be the same bike as it is presently.

I don't know what I'm getting yet, but I'm ordering a new frame at the end of July.

It will probably come down to whatever the best bike is that I can get a deal on, but I do like the Commencal.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
The next Sunday will be the Giant Glory. Suspension is similar and you can pick them up cheap. Beside Ironhorse is making as many Sunday's as they can this year before their DW contract runs out to sell next year.

IH is now saying the contract with DW isn't ending after this year. Of course they might be just saying that, but given it's just money, anything is possible.

NJMX835

IH is now saying the contract with DW isn't ending after this year. Of course they might be just saying that, but given it's just money, anything is possible.

I dunno, but it sure looks like IH has been taking some steps backward this year in terms for sponsorships & promotion.

DW & Todd are out of the picture too, which can't be a good thing.

Something is most definitly rotten in Denmark...

Top Bottom