And so my family grows by one.....

ellbiddy

One bike! :getsome:

Thanks to Manny, I got a sick deal on an awesome bike today. Picked up a 08 GF Superfly (sorry kush) for $2500 which is a steal as the same specced 09's are 4300 and the 08's were 3300. It's all pimped out in carbon parts and what not so I figured I'd turn into a halter's whore and change out a few things and migrate it over to a closer shop. It was the last one they had left and luckily it was the exact size I needed, go me!

I owe Manny a beer, btw, they didn't have a rush or scalpel available on the floor :D

Last edited:

BiknBen

Thanks to Manny, I got a sick deal on an awesome bike today. Picked up a 08 GF Superfly (sorry kush) for $2500 which is a steal as the same specced 09's are 4300 and the 08's were 3300. The guy at the shop seemed a little grouchy at first, but I guess when he realized I was buying a bike all was well :p It's all pimped out in carbon parts and what not so I figured I'd turn into a halter's whore and change out a few things and migrate it over to a closer shop. It was the last one they had left and luckily it was the exact size I needed, go me!

I am so confused. You got a deal from Manny but the guy at the bike shop was grumpy. Now you are going to take your pimped out new bike to Halter's to swap parts. :confused:

Fvck it! Just give us the pics!
:worthless

ellbiddy

I drove back to work to finish up some stuff so no pics till at least tonight. Manny tipped me off of a deal going down at a shop up north with a slightly grumpy worker. Pics shall be bestowed upon you all shortly! I'm going to try to make this my holy grail of bikes and go all weight weenie on it when God knows I'm the one that could lose a few extra pounds not the bike :rofl:

kush

Congrats. Why aren't you riding it?

I know, you are at home gently caressing it's massive carbon bottom bracket ... running your fingers down the seat post ... admiring it's rear triangle ... <first clif bars now this i have to snap out of this >

2815581208_efa352a602.jpg

also if you really really want to be neurotic, give this a whirl http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=83d69a1b-83a3-4b4d-8f5c-44bc2e434fed

ellbiddy

Yeah it's a purty bike, I want to keep it warm and dry for a while, I'll bring it out for a boat launch start RV one of these days and we could high five each other the whole way down.

walter

Fourth Party
Ryan breaks everything he rides. I think he's hoping to have the Superfly make it through the winter.

ellbiddy

Compassion and love for new carbon, I saw that junk you posted on the clear stuff that goes over the frame. Know anywhere else that sells it, it's out of stock on that site.

Ever throw rocks at it to test? :rofl:

mfennell

Compassion and love for new carbon, I saw that junk you posted on the clear stuff that goes over the frame. Know anywhere else that sells it, it's out of stock on that site.
I didn't see the other post but this is what I use: http://www.shop3m.com/70071373891.html That one is a little small. If you look around, you can find someone who will ship you a more usable piece for cheap. Search on "3m paint film" or similar.

I had a bunch left over from one of my cars and I put it all over the place. My carbon road frame has both lower stays wrapped, underneath the down and top tubes, and everywhere a cable touches the frame.

xc62701

Ryan breaks everything he rides. I think he's hoping to have the Superfly make it through the winter.

That's for sure...it takes too long to get warranty replacements in so I have to plan around the cracking frames...:D

xc62701

Ryan (xc62701)
WHAT THE F***?? :rofl:

What can I say. This is the time of year I have a lot of fun and ride some crazy stuff in bad conditions. I don't want to have to worry about tossing the bike and cracking the frame and gunking it all up when I'll need it in the spring. In the mean time I'm having an absolute blast on my rigid 26'r SS. I didn't think it would be this much fun but it is. The Fly is a tank compared to the SS(sizewise). It'll be fun playing on both for sure.

kush

That's for sure...it takes too long to get warranty replacements in so I have to plan around the cracking frames...:D

Yeah, but think of it this way, the replacement will most likely be the 2009 frame, which does have a nifty paint job ;)

xc62701

Yeah, but think of it this way, the replacement will most likely be the 2009 frame, which does have a nifty paint job ;)

Well this one was supposed to be an 09 which is why I waited so long but alas it wasn't... I'm actually more partial to the 08 colors but I'll ride whatever.

Top Bottom