Ancient MTB artifact (sorta)

BuzzBomber

Wasn’t sure whether to post here or off-topic. Well, it’s bike related so here goes.

I was in the garage sifting through my random hardware bins for some bolts to fix my cutoff saw to a work stand and re-discovered this old gem from ye olde college days. Back when I used to get paid to ride around campus a few hours a night on student security detail. We had whatever Cannondale police model bikes, hand me down police radios and Cateye headlight with the NiCad water bottle battery that would last a two hour shift (barely) if shut off whenever you were in a lighted area.

Ah, fun times!
54329653-AAA5-4136-91E4-05056314861A.jpeg

Last edited:

qclabrat

Wasn’t sure whether to post here or off-topic. Well, it’s bike related so here goes.

I was in the garage sifting through my random hardware bins for some bolts to fix my cutoff saw to a work stand and re-discovered this old gem from ye olde college days. Backs when I used to get paid to ride around campus a few hours a night on student security detail. We had whatever Cannondale police model bikes, hand me down police radios and Cateye headlight with the NiCad water bottle battery that would last a two hour shift (barely) if shut off whenever you were in a lighted area.

Ah, fun times!
View attachment 205765
Nice, what year was this?

Ian F

The closest I got to bar ends was a set of Scott AT-4 Pro bars that I ran on a mtn bike I set up for touring. For that purpose, those bars worked really well.

Around 10 years ago, I ran some Ergon grips with the built-in bar ends.

Besides still having some frames and parts from the early 90's, one "artifact" I can think of is a Pedro's team jersey I bought at their tent at a Jim Thorpe MTB weekend in I think 1993.

Reactions: don

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
used to get paid to ride around campus a few hours a night on student security detail. We had whatever
That beats working in Neilson Dining Hall, which is what I did. Unfortunately they didn't have bike patrol in the 80's on Cook/Douglas.

Top Bottom