An issue with some rouge trail work.

Johnny Utah

Part two, put in a small swale in between part one and the washout area. This drains to the left when going down but is only an few inches below the trail grade. Excess soil was place in the small berm to prevent blow back of excess water from up hill, even though highly unlikely given all the leaves to slow the water down.
2D5C9007-4E83-47BD-A5F3-5B67BF33451E.jpeg
20C06819-3627-4F0B-ADB7-041B9E5EB3B4.jpeg

Johnny Utah

Part three, the fail safe. Widen the previous drainway and drop the grade. This retains the grade of the top of the eroded area. The tread grade was dropped slightly to the right, yet not enough to loose the firmly pressed tread layer. Only one laurel was taken out, the others left so people do not think this is atrail.
92F1FABC-CF1E-49F3-B648-0AC3D013DF1A.jpeg
2A2C2D86-673B-450B-8E73-C62BA70E157D.jpeg

w_b

I like, but isn’t that work technically rogue too? Where is the line here?

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I like, but isn’t that work technically rogue too? Where is the line here?
No this is repairing a section that had washed out and some one put some concrete in at the top as a "jump"
to make this section rideable again it needed some work. My crew fill and tamped then John put the water shedding features in.
He started working with the original ATUG crew with Wally.

w_b

No this is repairing a section that had washed out and some one put some concrete in at the top as a "jump"
to make this section rideable again it needed some work. My crew fill and tamped then John put the water shedding features in.
He started working with the original ATUG crew with Wally.

Check, just pointing out to those that may not know. There’s a line, but it’s kinda dotted, and the chiggers and ticks keep moving it left and right

Also going on record that ATUG is not end all be all, or any all at all really today

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions