American Memorial Triathlon Today...

xc62701

I try to do a tri just for fun once a year and I had a free entry into this one today so I just said what the heck and I did it. It was enjoyable as usual. It's a 1/2 mile swim, 16 mile bike, and 4 mile run. The swim was horrible as usual(One of these days I really need to learn how to swim with good technique). I did ok but I struggle cause I know I'm so slow. So I popped out of the water and was probably around 50th or something getting on the bike. I did the first transition quickly, mounted up, and hammered out on the bike. It's an out and back so I was 40th at the turn and was 23rd off the bike - so I made up good time. I was really pushing on the hills and just putting power down whenever I could. It's such a blast to just fly past people. No one passed me(Last year I was 7th on the bike - hoping to improve during this one. I definitely needed a good margin to start the run. I had a quick transition which was good cause as I was on the course running I saw 9 people pass me. I didn't push much but was running steady. I was probably running at a 7:45 mile pace. I finished in 1:46:46. This also put me in 2nd for my age group. It was fun. It was nice to do this event and just chill afterwards. Now only if I could swim and run...

Top Bottom