AM pre-ride nutrition

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like to cram as many grape nuts as I can into a container of soy yogurt. Not necessarily before a ride though. Wonder if that would be ok??

Speaking in theory:

Soy yogurt will have plenty of sugar, but also protein which will make you feel a bit more full and slow down digestion. Grape Nuts has fiber which is why the XC guys ragged it. But it's also got lots of carbs. So between the two you have plenty of carbs, mostly simple, some fiber and protein which will make you feel a bit more full/satisfied and slow digestion a bit.

In practice I've had no problems with either Grape Nuts nor soy milk separately.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
which soy yogurt do you use? i tried the yogurt/GN combo before riding, and while I am not lactose intolerant, it did not sit well during the ride.

Ah, yes. Soy milk gives me plenty 'o gas. But remember there's no dairy in soy yogurt so lactose intolerance doesn't play a part here.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Clarification, I tried GN with milk-based yogurt prior to a ride, not soy yogurt. I would like to try a soy yogurt.

J

Jeff

Are you a fan of tuna? I like to have a nice big low-fat tuna salad sandwich with roasted red peppers on all grain bread. Then, which is the real get-up-and-go factor, I'll drink a redline. It's not your average energy drink, and you can't buy it from quick check or anything. But I usually pick up a few packs at a time at vitamin shoppe or nutrition zone. If you drink it 30-40 minutes before you ride, you wont feel like stopping for the rest of the day. That, coupled with a nice proteiny meal to keep your muscles fed and your stomache busy, has made stamina and stomache worries almost a non-issue to me.

J

Jeff

As a follow-up to my previous post, a little more info on Redline... One can is about $3 and is 2 servings, so if you have an uneasy stomache naturally or don't have a tolerance to caffeine built up (like most of us office-dwellers), you can drink half of a bottle and be fine. Here is a bit more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redline_(drink)

ArmyOfNone

As a follow-up to my previous post, a little more info on Redline... One can is about $3 and is 2 servings, so if you have an uneasy stomache naturally or don't have a tolerance to caffeine built up (like most of us office-dwellers), you can drink half of a bottle and be fine. Here is a bit more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redline_(drink)

redline is crazy good stuff. my gym used to sell it when ephedrine went off the market. Even half the bottle is good enough for a damn good boost.

Top Bottom