Am I clairvoyant? - Annoying error - see alert.

jklett

I think that I can see the future but only on this site and only about a minute or so ahead. Every once in a while, I'll see a new post and it'll say "in a minute" or something like that. Is this just me or should I open up a shop reading palms?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Fire
New Bike

Bet you didn't see that coming.

oh, and a gif

giphy.gif

and yeah - it is the time difference between the query(insert) on the db and the local display time. this is a "design feature"

Last edited:

Mtbdog

I think that I can see the future but only on this site and only about a minute or so ahead. Every once in a while, I'll see a new post and it'll say "in a minute" or something like that. Is this just me or should I open up a shop reading palms?
Clairvoyant no, clear headed, yes. Enjoy your day.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

zelda-ii-i-am-error.png

Patrick

Staff member
This "bug" is still happening -

If you get an error when posting, check the post before it and see if it is in the future.
I see the error messages in the log. they are not helpful.
Only a few complaints about this on the provider's site, so they claim it isn't them.

i've seen some other weird time behavior - which puts posts in the past, but not before the last post.

Still trying to work it out.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's

If you get an error when posting, check the post before it and see if it is in the future.
I see the error messages in the log. they are not helpful.
Only a few complaints about this on the provider's site, so they claim it isn't them.

i've seen some other weird time behavior - which puts posts in the past, but not before the last post.

Still trying to work it out.

Where's the time syncing done?

Patrick

Staff member
Where's the time syncing done?

i haven't found the "insert" yet - where the datetime gets placed into the db with the post.

i do know that the DB server time is in sync with the web server time.

The insert is tested at the DB level, because i've been looking at posts that were in the past, then refreshed and they
were now in the future, when the post failed.

one piece crank

It happens to me all the time, then I get a "you have to wait xx seconds to post" (xx = a multiple countdown, but it's never correct). I'll check the previous post's time-stamp next time...

Patrick

Staff member
It happens to me all the time, then I get a "you have to wait xx seconds to post" (xx = a multiple countdown, but it's never correct). I'll check the previous post's time-stamp next time...

there are some other limits on how soon one can post consecutively to the same thread. might be 60 seconds?

Top Bottom