Almost perfect

scalpel6

Allaire was great today. The rain was just what the doctor ordered. Beach badges are still required in some areas but over all it is very fast.

crash_in_nj

I rode there Saturday. It was pretty sweet. Hit A lot of different parts of the park, and it was good.

There's a TM on Sunday. I don't know what the plan is, but hopefully when it's done there'll be one less place that a beach badge is needed.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have come to realize that I just can't put together a loop myself that avoids sand.

When i ride here with people who know the place I have a blast. When i try to find my own way I end up in sand a 100 times.

The loop that Chris G lays out is worth doing.

This is one example of a loop that Fred did recently that looks good. I don't think i could ever remember alll the turns.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4116877

j-

crash_in_nj

That's one heck of a loop. I have to get a gps.

I still have trouble with finding my way around. I don't think you can completely avoid the sand, but if you can miss the worst spots, you're doing okay.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Allaire is pretty dry again and the sand is can be nasty. That being said, I look at the sand as just another element of the trail to contend with and learn about. There certainly is a technical element to maintaining momentum and smoothness when confronted with sand in turns and on climbs. I don't really strive to avoid it all that much, when all is said and done.

I put in a lot of time last summer and fall, riding solo in this park and putting sections together that seemed to flow. It's always great to blast around that place with a good group and get into a groove on those trails.

jdog

Shop Keep
Thurs Am

I rode everything in the park today and it was the best I have seen it this season.

I am not sure what tonight's weather did to it but this morning was killer.

BiknBen

I am not sure what tonight's weather did to it but this morning was killer.

I left Freehold yesterday at 5pm and it was just beginning to snow. There was more snow as I headed West towards home. All snow was gone by morning today.

Allaire got some weather but should be fine for the weekend. Temps will dip below freezing tonight so it should be great early Saturday.

It should be rock hard on Sunday and beyond.

jdog

Shop Keep
Great Weather, Great Friends and Great Vibes today.

We saw warm sun and Cold snow all on the same ride.

Thanks for waiting for my roadie friend. He is on the way over to the darkside. It was pretty fun to watch him crash.

I think I saw 49 people I knew out there today.

Ah yes.. Fun on bikes.

j-

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Great Weather, Great Friends and Great Vibes today.

We saw warm sun and Cold snow all on the same ride.

Thanks for waiting for my roadie friend. He is on the way over to the darkside. It was pretty fun to watch him crash.

I think I saw 49 people I knew out there today.

Ah yes.. Fun on bikes.

j-
Yeah, today was a great early-season gathering of the tribes in the parking lot and on the trails at Allaire. Super-fun ride, lots of laughs, great company. Hope everybody enjoyed the day!

NJ Jess

Sweet Singletrack

Allaire WAS awesome today,....as was all the great folks out there today. It was sweet pain trying to keep up with the 29 SS train that went through the place!

dualfisted

I'm mad

All this talk of perfect trail conditions is eating away at me. I just had to wait for a new bottom bracket to come in, get that all fixed, go out and ten minutes in bust my front der............ Both parts were with me for the eleven year lifespan of my bike, but damn, I need some saddle time. It's a great reason to have at least two bikes.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
saturday the 16th

me and a friend are riding there...i will get there at 11.00am look for a blue mazda if anyone wants to join us that might know the trail a bit better...we arent pros but we can get down a bit...dont take me down to the river trail...you can find a pic of me the last time i went down there in one of these allaire threads...ahahahah so if you want thats when we be there

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I was there today it was not bad, some mud but not as bad as you looked :)

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
me and my buddy did half the grand tour and the loop thru huber today and the low land was a bit wet got side ways on some down hills...i was gonna send you a message to see if you wanted to ride woth us tomorrow but you were there today so no big deal but if you want ill be there at 11.00...

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
ended up go to Manhattan with my daughter was a long but good day....
today i have a brunch till about 3:00 or so then I might try to get there before the rains roll in that they are calling for...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
dude saturday 11.00am ill be there its prob gonna be good hope i meet up the the dudes i rode with last time we did 9miles at a good pace ill be in the lot 10.45

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
as long as it is not a total wash,out I need to go in to work for a few but I will see what the day looks like....

dualfisted

I hope to be at Allaire Saturday around 11-ish, weather pending style. For the first time in a while, I put in a full work week, 50 hours,,,,,, haven't ridden in over a week, I'm dying over here. Stupid work, haha. Keep an eye out for the drooling guy on the tall, fully rigid, green Stumpjumper. Peace out YO!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions