Allarie today ...

F

FallGirl1430

A few of us are going to Allaire today around noon time. Good god I hope it warms up :(

A very cold Fallgirl ...

D

DANSPANK

Damn all of you and your ability to ride during the week!

BiknBen

Did you happen to get caught in that mess at Penn Station last night?

I was thinking of you yesterday. I was in the city with the family. NJT trains were a blast. :rolleyes: I was on a 7:30pm train. Good thing I didn't have anywhere to be.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was thinking of you yesterday. I was in the city with the family. NJT trains were a blast. :rolleyes: I was on a 7:30pm train. Good thing I didn't have anywhere to be.

I was on the train that caused the mess. An air hose blew on one of the cars which locks up the brakes. So we came to a rapid halt and sat there for 45 minutes, then they towed us back to absolute mayhem in Penn Station. It was the 4:50 train and I got home about 7:30.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the trails are frozen nicely at Allaire. This will of course all change on Friday if it rains. Hopefully the cold stays through the weekend. A few spots took a beating during this week's warm spell.

Nice meeting Fallgirl & Tom, Dualfisted and Cbiker. All great riders, and a nice little tour of Allaire. Hope you all enjoyed, thanks for the company!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the trails are frozen nicely at Allaire. This will of course all change on Friday if it rains. Hopefully the cold stays through the weekend. A few spots took a beating during this week's warm spell.

Nice meeting Fallgirl & Tom, Dualfisted and Cbiker. All great riders, and a nice little tour of Allaire. Hope you all enjoyed, thanks for the company!

yeah...keep rubbing it in :D....u guys having fun and most of us STUCK @ work :mad2:

dualfisted

I gots no problem with rubbing it in......

YOOOOOOOOO!!!! Today was the best day!!! It was fun, the trail conditions were good, I got my legs and lungs spanked thorougly and learned a ton.
Let's see, what did I learn............ I learned that (near the golf course on the wood) the shortest point between wheely-ing and doing a header is about five feet,,,,,, that was the funnest header ever!! I learned that Ken, Christina, Tommy and Greg are a lot of fun to ride with and really seem to dig the sport. I learned that I apparently only use approximately fifty percent of the potential riding at Allaire (I'm kicking myself in the ass for being less explorative). I learned that if there is a log on or around the trail that Ken MUST ride over or on it, even if that log be like twenty feet in the air (mild exxageration). I learned that my technical abilities need some work, another one taught by Ken. I learned that either Ken has a set of backup lungs, or, he may be the bastard child of Lance Armstrong or Eddie Merckx or some bidness like that...... Either that, or, I'm just slow comparitively.
Anyway, I'm still reviewing the ride in my head and am sure I will learn more as it all sinks in. I'm super stoked on the ride today guys, BIG thanks to all of you. Ken, thanks for the Tour de Allaire, it really was an eye opener. Also, to Fall Girl, Tommy and Greg, Ken dropped the hammer as soon as you guys drove off and my lungs almost jumped out of my chest and ran home to Mommy, haha. Woo hoo, I feel good!!!!:getsome::getsome:

F

FallGirl1430

:2guns:
Well you guys were out riding so the thread was done.

Go kiss your road bike.

Maybe you guys can take your bikes and ride at the train station! :getsome:
The ride today was so much fun, thank you to KenS for showing us trails at Allaire that I would have most likely never rode on. I was kinda mad cause I didn't get to see Duals endo j/k. Riding with those guys was a blast it's the best was to get faster (knowing they are waiting for me at the top of a climb) :p Thanks to Ken, TJ, Cbiker and Tommy :Hugs:
Fallgirl ... :)

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
We got there after the festivities, it would seem, but Chuck and I got in a good ride at Allaire toward the end of the afternoon. The last hour or so was in lightly falling snow, as the temperature dropped into the 20's and the trails froze nicely. Really nice out there as a dusting of snow covered the trails.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
YOOOOOOOOO!!!! ...Let's see, what did I learn............ Eiher that, or, I'm just slow comparitively.
:getsome:

I think you give yourself way too little credit. That last few miles we cranked out didnt seem to phase you much, I am sure you were breathing less than my tired arse.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Well you guys were out riding so the thread was done.

Go kiss your road bike.

You have to admit the derailment comment fit quite well. No kissing the road bike, we are still in the courting phase.

dualfisted

Tommy can tell you all about my sweet trip over the handlebars there FALLGIRL. He had the perfect view. It wasn't too tragic, so it was pretty fun.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
We got there after the festivities, it would seem, but Chuck and I got in a good ride at Allaire toward the end of the afternoon. The last hour or so was in lightly falling snow, as the temperature dropped into the 20's and the trails froze nicely. Really nice out there as a dusting of snow covered the trails.

I am jealous, the woods must have looked kick ass when that snow fell. I bet at the speed you and Chuck were riding it looked like Star Trek warp speed trippiness.

Top Bottom