Allarie today ...

dualfisted

The derailment quote was perfect for them whackadoo commuter types. As for me giving myself too little credit regarding my abilities, I'm great at that. I don't think I held you guys up tons, but man, when you dropped the hammer, you guys really dropped the hammer, haha.

dualfisted

Hey Frank, Ken, Tim, Justin.... had a good time today guys. Always a good time riding, plus add good folks = money. Take it easy, can't wait until the next ride, TJ

dualfisted

YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Did over 17 miles today at Allaire, just under two hours,,,,,, I feel gggggggrrrrrrrrrreat!!!! Such a fun day. Never really went over anything twice (well, just a smidge), totally avoided the new/ rerouted section of Tiger Woods, and never even went across the street. Wow, what a day. A little bit of mud down by the river, and on one of the newer trails out near the high power lines, but other than that, it's drying up pretty nicely. Nice weather tomorrow should help it out some. Hope some other peeps got to enjoy this great weather. Also, it was very nice to meet (Rick, I believe) Steelman, of Steelman trail fame, nice guy. Lates, TJ

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
its dustin

great time saturday...as for my sunday ride the 2.5miles i did at south amboy water front park was a perfect follow up you guys beat my ass kinda but not bad...if you need me im 15seconds behind

dualfisted

Sorry Dustin, good meetin' ya.

Ok, so, it's Dustin, I'm lucky I was even close with my memory. Good meeting you just the same. I really beat myself up sunday, what fun. Lates, TJ

hooples3

YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Did over 17 miles today at Allaire, just under two hours,,,,,, I feel gggggggrrrrrrrrrreat!!!! Such a fun day. Never really went over anything twice (well, just a smidge), totally avoided the new/ rerouted section of Tiger Woods, and never even went across the street. Wow, what a day. A little bit of mud down by the river, and on one of the newer trails out near the high power lines, but other than that, it's drying up pretty nicely. Nice weather tomorrow should help it out some. Hope some other peeps got to enjoy this great weather. Also, it was very nice to meet (Rick, I believe) Steelman, of Steelman trail fame, nice guy. Lates, TJ

I have only been to allaire a few times.. One area had mostly flat loops <several> with only a few miles..
then I found the jump section across the street with all the jumps, hills bridges etc..
are there more trails located in that area? and are those on the map?

Thanks

dualfisted

I got the grand tour of Allaire over the past couple of weeks with Ken and Frank,,,,,,,,, both on this site, probably listed in this thread. You wanna go on a fun ride at Allaire, those guys know every spec of singletrack out there like the back of their hand,,,, AND, they'll wait for ya at the trail intersections. The marked loops at Allaire are solid, but, there's tons of well ridden unmarked stuff too. Gotta get with a local to not get turned around and mired by the woes of soft sand out there. Anyway, I refer everyone to those two guys,,,,, great tour guides. Hope they don't hate me for referring them to tour guide duty. TJ

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I got the grand tour of Allaire over the past couple of weeks with Ken and Frank,,,,,,,,, both on this site, probably listed in this thread. You wanna go on a fun ride at Allaire, those guys know every spec of singletrack out there like the back of their hand,,,, AND, they'll wait for ya at the trail intersections. The marked loops at Allaire are solid, but, there's tons of well ridden unmarked stuff too. Gotta get with a local to not get turned around and mired by the woes of soft sand out there. Anyway, I refer everyone to those two guys,,,,, great tour guides. Hope they don't hate me for referring them to tour guide duty. TJ

I heard Frank gives a back rub in the parking lot after one of his tours too :D

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
no problem...i wont reconize you guys unless yous got your backs at me 50ft away...nevermind names...hahahaha but i put my cateye on today and im going clipless friday....i kill myself with those flats...but post if yous are gonna ride this weekend...if its a hammerfest sorry but i cant drop the hammer like you guys...post it though

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
chrisa.jpg

dualfisted

the endo and ride summary

Mr. Chainsaw, you missed my fly endo that I did when we rode with "Fallgirl" Christina, and Tommy, well, then again, everyone but Tommy missed that fly over the handlebars routine I did. Also, you're going clipless, eh??? Good move, at least on the cross country end of things. REMEMBER, TOE IN,,,,,,,, HEEL OUT!!!!! Never yank your foot, it just makes it harder to escape, stay cool, twist that heel outward, two weeks, you'll be money at it. As for that Saturday ride, it was indeed,,,,,,,,,,,,,, EXTREME!!!!!!! Haha.

Top Bottom