Allamuchy

Mare

So it's almost time... well, kind of. Let's start the Allamuchy talk.

1. Who is doing what?
2. Who can guarantee no rain?
3. Who will convince me to do the race?

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
I will go first...

1. Doing a Corp Team.
2. I will guarantee no rain.
3. Why not??? Come on out it is always fun!

The course this year in 10 miles on the nose, has just under 1,200 ft of decending, and is fast! Has some old school sections that have not been int e race for at least 10 years.

Should be a great weekend!!!

Bob W.

Shaggz

A strong 7
1: Not me, I'll be in the Adirondacks :D
2: Me, because I will be in the Adirondacks :p
3: You have a brand new jersey, get it dirty :getsome:

Eileen

1. Solo

2. It never rains, who lied to you :hysterica

3. What could possible be more fun!!!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hard to believe the discussion has taken this long to surface this year.

1. Not me, probably going to pass this year. I will, however, buy cases of rose pedals.
2. It will rain rose pedals only where you ride.
3. What else are you doing that weekend? Ummmm, how about "rose pedals"?

Mare

1. Hard to believe the discussion has taken this long to surface this year.

2. It will rain rose pedals only where you ride.

1. I agree...I had to check through the posts before I started this to make sure I wasn't missing it somewhere.

2. Again? Ok, fine.

I am so impressed with everyone's answer thus far... you all very nicely followed the numbering scheme. Go team!

Mare

Why not??? Come on out it is always fun!

Because when I was there last year for support, I swore I would never put myself through that as a rider. Yet is seems so fun... a nice mix of torture, laughs, abuse, and memories... But it would be so nice to watch the storm from my living room window.

walter

Fourth Party

1. Who is doing what?

1. I will be home tracking the rain
2. you have my guarantee it won't rain:rolleyes:
3. If you race, I will give you the same thing I gave you last year as a reward:D

rocknrollgirl

1. Not us, cuz we will be in the adirondacks kayaking, and I swore last year was the first and last time.

2. Hahahahahahahahahah.......

3. hahahahahahahahahah..... I heard you swear last year...never, not me, no way.....:)

C.Puncher

the hills come alive, with the sound of thunder, and the bolts of lightening.......all cools off the adreneline pumps.......the fire burns......don't miss it..........! you will regret it.........Best trails in NJ........and good flapjacks at the mess!.........See you all there.......Lar

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Everyone forgets the best part. Lugging all of your crap 2 miles from your car on friday and then right back to the car on Sunday. They have GOT to figure out a better way.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Everyone forgets the best part. Lugging all of your crap 2 miles from your car on friday and then right back to the car on Sunday. They have GOT to figure out a better way.

You won't have to do that at the JORBA Bike Fest 3 weeks later! :D

clutch

We used wheel barrows and handtrucks in the scouts, but you could always pick up one of these:
bob_trailer_yak.jpg

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
We used wheel barrows and handtrucks in the scouts, but you could always pick up one of these:

That would double the cost of the race for me. I'm already figuring it will be at least $100 to rebuild the bike after the mud. It also takes energy for me to load it and move it. I was thinking more along of the lines of one car at a time is allowed to a campsite to unload crap. The whole 3 trucks for 500 people's crap sucks.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
1. I will be there doing something, if my team falls through, I will be Hans-Solo.

2. I can guarantee it will rain for 12 of the 24 hours, and the rest of the time it will be 6 inches of mud at least, maybe more.

3. You will do the race, because mountains bikers don't care about question 2!!

-Jim.

xc62701

1. Who is doing what?

I will....not be there...it hurts me to say it. I was going to try for a third time to get on the podium but I have other ideas this year. Putting my eggs in the Shenandoah 100 basket.

Since I'm not there it probably won't rain.

Do it!!! I wish my other race wasn't the week afterward or I'd be by your side!

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1. It will rain
2. It will rain some more
3. It will definitely rain

Top Bottom