Allamuchy Thursday Rides 2012

pxs231

This Thursday, weather pending, let's do what I understand to be the endurorama course. It should be about 12.5 miles and pretty fast paced if we are to cover it during the amount of light we have.
Wheels down at the tranquility lot at 5:45pm.

allygadget

If you can please get GPS for it! I want to ride it but with the trails included I dont believe I can ride it safely at a fast pace. not to mention I have never ridden rollie pollie or lumpy bumpy so I want to take my time with these.

pxs231

Last week's ride did not happen due to the imminent thunder shower forecast.
So let's give it another shot tomorrow.
Planning on 5:45pm wheels down from the tranquility lot. It will be about 12.5 miles of Allamuchy endurorama climbing and descending with minimal stops.
Who's coming?

solorider

Mooch North, Today.

I'll be riding solo around 3:30 - 4pm. 10 miles of orange, purple, ?? and white.
Tranquility Lot. Medium pace with 1 or 2 wrong turns along the way. Anyone care to join feel free.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeh, I guess we've managed to scare everybody off. Must be my stinky shorts....

Definitely wanted to make it last week but life intruded. Didn't it rain?:hmmm:

Ran into a group from NYC up there sunday. They had the whole Allamuchy experience...ran into a big ass bear, got lost, rode back to the lot on the road. Cool bunch of guys. Welcome to NNJ!:D

pxs231

Definitely wanted to make it last week but life intruded. Didn't it rain?:hmmm:

Ran into a group from NYC up there sunday. They had the whole Allamuchy experience...ran into a big ass bear, got lost, rode back to the lot on the road. Cool bunch of guys. Welcome to NNJ!:D

We didn't run into a bear, but we did run into a dead baby skunk in the middle of trail with a mourning mama skunk who wasn't sure what to do with the whole situation. The mama skunk ran away but when we doubled back on the trail it looks like the mama skunk had taken the dead baby off the trail.....
Well we managed to hit 4 out of the 5 endurorama stages. We bailed on the climbing up to the top for the last stage. Remember this is my interpretation based on a 2 minute conversation I had with Bob in a parking lot!
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/184197067
The course is in great shape. I'm interested to see how bad of a pile up we are likely to get on some of the obstacles on race day, mostly on Dan's trail and lumpy bumpy. By the end of the day it may be renamed to Endorama.

theranch

We didn't run into a bear, but we did run into a dead baby skunk in the middle of trail with a mourning mama skunk who wasn't sure what to do with the whole situation. The mama skunk ran away but when we doubled back on the trail it looks like the mama skunk had taken the dead baby off the trail.....
Well we managed to hit 4 out of the 5 endurorama stages. We bailed on the climbing up to the top for the last stage. Remember this is my interpretation based on a 2 minute conversation I had with Bob in a parking lot!
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/184197067
The course is in great shape. I'm interested to see how bad of a pile up we are likely to get on some of the obstacles on race day, mostly on Dan's trail and lumpy bumpy. By the end of the day it may be renamed to Endorama.

What is missing from this GPS map? I'm trying to get a map of the course to pre ride this Sunday and this is very helpful.
Thanks!

pxs231

The last stage which is missing is Rollie pollie with a climb back up to the top of cardiac and bombing down the mountain on cardiac.

theranch

The last stage which is missing is Rollie pollie with a climb back up to the top of cardiac and bombing down the mountain on cardiac.

Thanks for that. I'm not familiar with the trails at all so is the trail marked "Rollie Pollie" or is that the common name? I'll try to dig up those maps on this site in the mean time.

Also on the GPS map linked in this thread are there turns along the way that that could me taking the wrong path? Or is it sequential?

pxs231

Here give this a shot. Nothing like a crappy paint modified map.

Attachments

• Tranquility.JPG
    Tranquility.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 129

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I may be riding Sunday morning 9:30ish and could show you up to Rollie, if needed, but it sounds like you have it covered.

theranch

I may be riding Sunday morning 9:30ish and could show you up to Rollie, if needed, but it sounds like you have it covered.

Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure when I'll get up there but I want to make it early so it's a possibility.

pxs231

Let's do one last ride of the endurorama course tomorrow.
Starting from the tranquility entrance, wheels down 5:30pm. We'll try to do the complete loop, so it will be a fast 12.5 or so miles.
Who's in?

Top Bottom