allamuchy sunday morning

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks Reg-
Deer Park is probably more his speed-I was thinking that or KVSP.
Guided tour would be great, but I don't want to derail your ride.

If you are game though, say when and where.

No derailing...that ride was last week. Either DP or KSVP will work for me.

I just need to find my red Jamis....lost it coming back from my sister in laws in Irvington.

All kidding aside, 8:00am either park...your choice.

Hess

hey jmanic r u's up for a couple more people. i got a friend that wants to go (newbie) never been mountain bike, but he;s in pretty good shape. and if my son wakes up he may go too. just gimme address so i can gps it only been to that area once and that was for the jorba fest couple weeks ago

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Hess-
The more the merrier- looking for an 8am start time,
should be fun.
Reg can offer up the best route to the trailhead- Reg?

See you tomorrow-

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Route 80 to exit 19. Make left onto Rt 517 towards Hackettstown. Go approx 1.5 miles and make a left onto Deer Park Rd. Follow to the parking lot.

Edit: you will pass a Restaraunt on the right, Mattars. Deer Park Rd is approx 200 yards up on the left.

Please post up if you can't make it or are running late. Don't want to roll out without ya.

Last edited:

Hess

we are still going, won't get there till 9:30 -10:00 def gonna miss your guys (wheels down) if it was just me i'd make it at there at that time. hopefully still come across ya, Which direction should i ride if i was going to do deer path trail (white trail) ? any other not to miss trails i should keep an eye out for at deer park?

jackx

I rode Deer Park today and went clockwise on White. The Barberry (Red) trail is much easier in the downhill direction from white (turning right onto Red) and taking it down to Blue (if I recall correctly). Also, I took Green for 0.5 miles down from white to Waterloo road, but I would not advise as it would be a challenging ride up. I took Waterloo road North (to the left when coming off green) and then took the Orange trail back up to White. Orange is about 0.9 miles and is not too bad at first. After a stream crossing, it kicks up, but is quite rideable to White. Yellow has some cool sections over large boulders and in some birch trees.

Have a great time!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hess -Looks like this is a wash-
Steady rain since the overnight out here-

Reg sorry we won't catch up today-

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Radar shows this front passing through within the hour. The tree canopy blocks the majority of light rain as well.

I'm going to wait until this front passes and roll out at Stephens by 8:30. Upper Stephens sheds water well.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am. My geared bike is down, so I'll be riding SS. This means slower pace than my norm which is still not all that fast. I'm working on building a new ride, so there may be some exploratory riding.

Looking at the radar and clock, I'd say 9 am is more realistic.

dmc123

Yea, it's raining pretty good at my house. I think we have a better chance if we wait till 9.

Dave

Hess

i bailed on riding today figured it would be too soupy, they were calling for 1/2 inch of rain per hour and i watched the radar. gonna try to hit it up tomorrow am we r leaving Lodi at 9 in the am hopefully got 3 other people going all beginner ,the rack is gonna be packed full

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i bailed on riding today figured it would be too soupy, they were calling for 1/2 inch of rain per hour and i watched the radar. gonna try to hit it up tomorrow am we r leaving Lodi at 9 in the am hopefully got 3 other people going all beginner ,the rack is gonna be packed full

Hess; are you still heading out to DP?

Hess

Hess; are you still heading out to DP?

got there around 10:30, 3 guys went had a blast, including a first timer he cant wait to go again all three of us OTB when we got to the first crossing in that swamp area didn't know it was there,
Was cruising down the hill made turn and :scared mind you never been there

Top Bottom