Allamuchy/Stephens/Deer Park Trifecta

EpicRidr

I'd like to get a small group together for an intermediate rider's trifecta of Allamuchy North / Stephens / Deer Park, say toward the end of September - Sunday the 28th for argument's sake.

Proposed (approximate) route: Park on the Tranquility side of Allamuchy, Cardiac - Cardiac bypass to the white trail, white trail out to the trade zone side. Soft pedal down Waterloo ride to the Tilcon Lake area, do a loop on the Central Stephens trails, back out to Waterloo Rd, then up into Deer Park, and finally out to 517 back to Tranquility. Something like 20-25 miles, 4+ hours in the saddle. Leisurely pace.

Any interest?

xc62701

That's the day after the picnic by the way. I could show you some sweet trails to do on the way to white to add in the loop. Why not really make it an epic day and link up to Kittatinny while you're at it. I might be interested. I'll know for sure as we get closer.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
This works better in the other direction. I'd be totally into this. I could show u some better ways to link these trail systems together..........

EpicRidr

I'm pysched to see I sparked some interest.

I love Kittatinny, but I think that would add a little too much for me. Maybe I can work up to that.

As for going the other way round, I'm good with that. I guess my thought was to knock off Allamuchy-North first, as that's the toughest riding. Maybe start at the trade-zone instead? Also, unless you can show me another way to go between the trade-zone and the Tranquility side, I'd like to avoid the climb after the bridge on the white trail. That involves a bit of hike-a-bike for me. But I'm definitely happy to defer to experience here.

D

DANSPANK

If I'm around that weekend then I'd be up for it. I like a nice, long ride...

hardtale70

Shop Keep
I'd just rather give the people a 10 min DH to the car instead of Deer Park and 517 as your final memory of the ride.Your post, so do what you want. You can even just wing it and I'll counsel you at each intersection.Whatev.........

EpicRidr

Might be kinda wet

Well, it was my idea, but I'm not really sure I'm up to it. I did this ride without the Stephens part a couple weeks ago, and I was pretty whooped afterwards. I wandered around in Alamuchy quite a bit though. Something approaching 3 1/2 hours all told.

I think anyone who rides Allamuchy regularly would find me a little bit slow for company. But, if you'd show a little mercy, I'm definitely planning to ride Sunday afternoon. If it rains a whole bunch, as it's forecast to, I'll probably go up to Kittatiny, because most of that drains pretty well. If it's not too wet, maybe I'll give the 3-park ride a bid.

hardtale70

Shop Keep
I need to be done by 1ish most of the time.I look thru my closet for some mercy so keep me posted, and maybe you need to rethink your screenname............:D

Mike679

I need to be done by 1ish most of the time.I look thru my closet for some mercy so keep me posted, and maybe you need to rethink your screenname............:D

Maybe he rides a Specialized Epic...

I may be up for this as well if the start is early.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah and then I'd never hear the end of it. You need a new avatar.

Takedown

Man if I didn't have to work then I would have loved to join you on this epic, I'm pretty quick at hiking my bike up mountains :)

trener1

I might be game for this.
As long as the pace is more towards intermediate then advanced.
Could be lots of fun.

Top Bottom